You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

One of the reasons why I'll only buy a Newell

One of the reasons I bought a Newell was for my safety and the safety of my passengers. I read an article back in the 90's before I bought my '73 about the advantages of monocoque or semi-monocoque construction over frame rail. One of the reasons stressed was structural integrity.

While searching for a suitable donor for a re-power project, I came across a 2009 Holiday Rambler Endeavor, which some people consider a "luxury motorhome", that had rolled over. Since pictures are worth a thousand words, I've attached a picture to state my case.
[Image: 33673864_1X.JPG]

http://ww2.copart.com/us/Lot/33673864/Ph...1584278837

Jon & Chris Everton
1986 40' Dog House #86
450 hp ISM 5 spd ZF Ecomat 2
2004 Range Rover L322 Toad

I have seen many pictures of these each and every time i am in amazement of the house of cards they are the lack of safety standards in the rv industry. Amazing.

Doug and Melanie Matz
2015 45 Bunk Coach 1517
Toad Ford Flex

My career has had me "on the road" a lot ! Based on what I had seen when I set out to buy a motorhome I was looking at bus conversions for these very reasons. When I looked at my first Newell I bought it!!! The construction of a Newell versus a commercial bus has been debated many times over the years but I am very confident of the construction of the Newell after having restified two of them now. IMO they are as strong as a bus where necessary and have the added advantage of a low C/G which may help prevent having to put the strength of the construction to extreme test when an emergency maneuver becomes necessary.

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.