You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Home from a weekend trip.

Decided last minute to go with some friends to memphis this weekend..  Have a small leak in outside drive tire. I'll go by a shop in next couple of days have them pull and find the leak. Replaced the fuel filter. This is my 3 rd time to do it myself. 1st time took 3 hours. Had to go get the right tool and get the right filter. And re prime it. 2nd time took an hour and a half. Didn't have to go get filters but had to prime it. Today 15 minutes. Thanks to mike Ellis at newell for Showing me a trick when swapping it it only took 15 mins. 
But on way home. My wife comes up to the drivers seat and informs me the toilet is leaking fresh water when it flushes.. So tomorrow I will try to sort out that issue.. Love having a coach. The problems just keep life interesting. Smile

Marc Newman
Formerly Newell 422, 507, 512 701

Hopefully the water leak is something simple, like a loose water line. Try wiggling the valve and see if you hear a leak on that tire. If those are not tightened properly when installed or the rubber seal ages, you can get a slow leak that drives you crazy. Easy to fix with a new valve stem IF you have a 1" pneumatic impact wrench, the appropriate jacks and some big guys to move the tire/wheel combination around, break the bead on the tire and then have adequate air flow to reseat the tire. I have gone through that on two tires.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

Marc
My Microphor toilet was leaking a small amount only when it was flushed. There's a vacuum breaker that was losing a bit of water . You can see it just below the rear cover. Disassembly cleaning and a small bit of Vaseline fixed it.

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

Same as what Dean said. Look inside the potty and find the leak. You can also use silicone based plumbers grease avail at any home improvement shop.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )