You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Weird noise and vinration

We have been at camp gulf for the last 3 days and heard a large boom followed by a vibration. Almost sounded like a tire exploding. Very shortly after we heard 2 more. You could actually feel the whole coach shutter and the awnings vibrate.  Anyone have any ideas?   Well about 15 seconds later it hit me.. Sonic booms from jets of shore.

Marc Newman
Formerly Newell 422, 507, 512 701

any air leaking?

Julius & Charlene
2001 Newell #576

Just out of his shorts.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Love to watch the Blue Angels from the beach. If you have never gone to Pensacola to watch the show they give twice a year, you have missed much. If any of you have space on your bucket list, pencil in the Blue Angels. Richard's thoughts are really an understatement.

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

(03-18-2015, 07:40 AM)bikestuff Wrote:  Love to watch the Blue Angels from the beach.  If you have never gone to Pensacola to watch the show they give twice a year, you have missed much.  If any of you have space on your bucket list, pencil in the Blue angels.  Richard's thoughts are really an understatement.

I completely agree about the Blue Angels being on your Bucket List! We went last year to watch the practice which I believe they do a couple of days each week between March and November and you are reminded of the skill and dedication these fine men/women have that serve this great country of ours!  Pride and tears come without you even expecting it!  The show is at NAS Pensacola and is free. There are bleachers provided then after the practice the pilots go into the Museum and speak to the crowd and willingly answer questions and give autographs.  That Lee Greenwood song "I'm Proud To Be An American" plays loudly in your ears!!
Jim

Yes I love to see the Blue Angels!!
My buddy was a civil service employee after Viet Nam. He was one of the airframe mechanics who serviced / rebuilt the Blue Angels F-18 Hornet. A few years ago he took me on to the Navy Base in S Diego where he worked for a behind-the scenes tour. Unbelievable to see one of those planes disassembled down to the air frame. They modify the fuel tank for prolonged inverted flight and replace the gun with a "smoke oil" tank.

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.