You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Routing wires from behind headlights to dash

Any suggestions how one would run a couple wires from behind the dash area to behind the headlight area ?  Any help would be appreciated, 1998 coach 473,  Thank You

i have done it. behind the brake pedal behind the carpeted cover is a hole that goes through the floor that you can feed wires down to. there is also one behind the fuse panel behind the passenger feet kick panel.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

(03-20-2015, 07:29 PM)encantotom Wrote:  i have done it.  behind the brake pedal behind the carpeted cover is a hole that goes through the floor that you can feed wires down to.  there is also one behind the fuse panel behind the passenger feet kick panel.  

tom

I have looked around the fuse panel, didn't find it, do you have to move the fuse panel ?

it is really hard to find. it is behind it. i fed a wire from the bottom and got ahold of it.

tom

(03-20-2015, 08:42 PM)encantotom Wrote:  it is really hard to find.  it is behind it.  i fed a wire from the bottom and got ahold of it.  

tom

Ok, will try it again tomorrow, thank you

The hole behind the fuse panel is very hard to see unless you use a mirror or move the fuse panel. I have done this twice on two different Newells. Tom is right there is a penetration opening on both sides of the coach. However, in both my cases Newell sealed the penetration with silicone. The penetration is about three inches thick and very difficult in my cases to get anything through it. I gave up the second time I was running wire to the headlights, and simply drilled a new penetration. If you do that, keep in mind it goes through two layers of steel, about three inches apart. I lined the penetration with a rubber hose and ran the wire inside the rubber hose. And sealed it with silicone.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

I have only been a member here for @ 10 months, But let me tell you this page is invaluable to a Newell owner, And I thank each and everyone of you who contribute to it, There is not a day that goes by but what I do not look here and see what is new. As far as running the wiring I had looked and poked and prodded where I thought it might be with no avail, but after Tom's advice I pushed a wire up from the bottom and there it was just like he said. May God bless you on your journeys. Thanks Again I really appreciate your help !

Great !

Are you running relays for the headlights or something else?

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

richard asks because a number of us have rewired the headlights to have less voltage drop to be brighter. and used relays to avoid the power going through the dimmer switch.

tom

No installing an ultimate horn and it's two speakers down there