You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Partial Interior update

I'm doing some updates to the interior, cork flooring, new carpet, reupholstering the furniture and removing the curb side couch and installing a desk. Anyone have any interest in the couch?

Bob Miller
Previous owner of #390

Bob,

Good on ya!

Looks like you added a new toy to the list.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Go for it Bob!

About a year ago I went in the other direction. I removed the driver's side desk and installed a jackknife sofa and TV on a lift. When you design your desk, you might want to think about putting a tv on a lift. I have found that to be much better than the tv over the dash (which I still sometimes use during football season).

bill

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

Bill,

how stable is the tv on lift driving down the road? Does it vibrate at all?

Our tv is over the dash and unfortunately you can't see it from the sofa when the slide is pulled in. Makes for long drives with the kiddos! I've seen pics of yours...good set up!

Jason 
-----------------------------
Previous owner of 2013 #1472
Previous 2003 #665 triple slide
1 wife
2 kids
Lots of stuff

Richard, now that you are at home, have you had a chance to decide if Centiva flooring can be installed?

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

The lift is a super heavy duty unit and does not vibrate going down the road, but we had to reinforce the floor to better hold the bottom plate after the maiden flight. I don't usually have it up when driving, but would not worry if I did.

If inflight entertainment is your goal, I would get a lift with two columns (one on each end) instead of the single center column that I have.

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

Chester,

Not yet other priorities. But soon.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )