You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Ramps & Platforms

I am working on modifying the platform which I now use to haul the Goldwing or ATV. I think it will work for the RZR and will let you know if I get it worked out. I learn with my towing incident that the rack will hold the front of my pick up so I don't think the RZR will be tow heavy. I will have to reinforce the Alum where the wheels set and extend away from the coach. The measurement now are 48" and I am going to 56" with 4" more inches away from the back of the coach.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

1996 #422 and 2004 #689 with YELLOW Goldwing, BMW K1200S, RZR, Dodge Truck

Looks great Ron! You taking orders yet??

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

Ron, I also have an RZR and it would be great to take it with me as well as tow my Odyssey. After looking at the pictures, i wonder if you are over the legal limit on width and length. The photo of the driver or street side looks to be too wide, and if a normal car is attached, would the total length be over the limit is some states such as California?

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

(09-23-2012, 09:19 AM)Chester Stone Wrote:  Ron, I also have an RZR and it would be great to take it with me as well as tow my Odyssey. After looking at the pictures, i wonder if you are over the legal limit on width and length. The photo of the driver or street side looks to be too wide, and if a normal car is attached, would the total length be over the limit is some states such as California?

I am closes to 75' overall and the width is probably 2 inches too wide but is not near as wide as the mirrors on the coach. I was stopped in CA for speeding because I thought it was 75, but towing was 55. The officer wrote me up for over length which was much better than speeding. M/C over 40' are only allow on interstates and you are suppose to get permit for other road is what the officer told me Not that it makes is right, but they are a lot of M/C with stacker and triple trailer that are longer. California is about the only state that really enforces and really are not reasonable on any of their fines. I have pulled in about ever state over the last 12 years and have always been at about 70 feet with no problems. In Calif is your worried about length just unhook the toad.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

"M/C over 40' are only allow on interstates and you are suppose to get permit for other road is what the officer told me"

Unfortunately what you were told is not totally true. California is a stickler on over 65' though. Any one traveling in a 40'+ motorcoach in California may want to bookmark this site as it clearly shows what roads are permitted for over 40' motorcoaches. All interstates and most state highways are allowable.

http://www.dot.ca.gov/hq/traffops/trucks...us-map.htm

California escapee...........................

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

Looks great!! See you Saturday!! So excited about next week!

Jeff and Pam Reganall
1996 45' Newell Coach #432 Series 60, Allison 6 Speed
Towing 2012 3/4T Ram Truck loaded with the RZR XP Turbo

Ron, I also have an RZR and it would be great to take it with me as well as tow my Odyssey. After looking at the pictures, i wonder if you are over the legal limit on width and length. The photo of the driver or street side looks to be too wide, and if a normal car is attached, would the total length be over the limit is some states such as California?
[/quote]

I have almost finish the modifications so that I can carry a Goldwing, RZR, ATV, golf cart, are maybe even a Smart Car. I have extended the ramp so now the platform is 55" x 96".