You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Carpet & Upholstery Needs
Video 

Hi - we are new to this website and are very excited about getting the referral for it.  We have a 15 year old Newell which needs some sprucing up.  We checked with the factory on carpeting but the price is much higher than we want to pay. Also, we want to do some upholstery on the backs of some of the seats, have a fitted spread made as well as a cover around the bedroom ceiling fan.  Does anyone have any recommendations for carpeting and upholstery that is reasonably priced?  Of course, we can travel to the location so we are open to all areas.  Thanks I much!  Mark&Deb

Hi Mark,

welcome to the site!

I am assuming you have a two slide coach from the age. Then upholstery is nothing special. Any auto or home shop can handle the labor, just find the material you want. The carpet is another story because of the flat floor slide. I am in the middle do putting hard surface in my 99, and I can say ther is a lot going on with the carpet and the slide mechanism that is not evident on the surface. I would interview any carpet installer carefully for their experience with HWH flat floor slides before starting. Not trying to scare you, just making you aware.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Welcome Mark,

Infinity Upholstery icup.com in Nacogdoches is very motor home savy and do very good work. You could consult them for a bid on both furniture and floor.

I join Richard in any good upholstery shop for furniture.

Rudy Legett
2003 Foretravel U320 4010
ISM11 450 hp Allison 4000R
Factory Authorized Aqua Hot Repair Center
Southeast Texas Area

or me

Ernie Ekberg
Bluebird Wanderlodge

Oh, I forgot about Ernie. Shame on me as he is very good and should be included for sure as you seek a provider.

Sorry Ernie.

Rudy Legett
2003 Foretravel U320 4010
ISM11 450 hp Allison 4000R
Factory Authorized Aqua Hot Repair Center
Southeast Texas Area

(04-15-2015, 06:30 PM)Richard Wrote:  Hi Mark,

welcome to the site!

I am assuming you have a two slide coach from the age. Then upholstery is nothing special. Any auto or home shop can handle the labor, just find the material you want.  The carpet is another story because of the flat floor slide.  I am in the middle do putting hard surface in my 99, and I can say ther is a lot going on with the carpet and the slide mechanism that is not evident on the surface. I would interview any carpet installer carefully for their experience with HWH flat floor slides before starting. Not trying to scare you, just making you aware.

Thank you for your caution! I will definitely take heed!

Mark & Debbye Prator

1999 45'8"   Newell Coach 555 Series 60 /Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

(04-16-2015, 02:23 AM)Trainer Wrote:  Welcome Mark,

Infinity Upholstery icup.com in Nacogdoches is very motor home savy and do very good work.  You could consult them for a bid on both furniture and floor.

I join Richard in any good upholstery shop for furniture.

I will contact Infinity. Appreciate the recommendation!!

Mark & Debbye Prator

(04-23-2015, 05:15 PM)Erniee Wrote:  or me

Ernie - how do we contact you and where are you located?

Mark & Debbye Prator

another thumbs up for Ernie

While I have not personally had any work done with him YET; I hear nothing but good things from those that have.

He is just outside Ft Worth, TX

1996 Coach #422 Fulltiming

Yep. There is a reason Ernie is heavily booked up - quality of work. He did my floors - superb. Check and see if he can squeeze you in his schedule.

Ernie is in Weatherford TX, just west of Ft Worth.

Dan
94 Bluebird BMC 37'

(04-23-2015, 05:52 PM)Trainer Wrote:  Oh, I forgot about Ernie.  Shame on me as he is very good and should be included for sure as you seek a provider.

Sorry Ernie.