You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Auto Water fill (malfunctioning)

Hello Friends
Ok... Getting ready to take off today I hooked up the city water to my 2014 Newell and hit the auto water refill button to put fresh water in the coach. It runs for about 4 seconds and shuts off. (trips out). There is an alarm sound on a red top green box (valve, solenoid ? that the water goes thru to the fresh water tank). Not sure why it is doing this. Any ideas?

thanks for the help Kurt V.

~Kurt VanderMeer~

Kurt,

I probably can't be much help since my coach is older and without an auto fill. But here are some thoughts anyway.

The green box with the red top should be the solenoid valve that controls the water flow into the tank. It would probably be a normally closed valve. When power is applied it opens and water enters. The sound should be a click, not a buzz. It buzzing that may indicate the control circuit is malfunctioning and trying to rapidly cycle the valve. This will draw lots of current and could result in a resettable circuit breaker tripping.
Guessing again, I suppose the valve would be controlled by the high level sensor in the tank. When you look at the potable water tank level on the gauge, what do you see?
On mine there are additional options for filling the tank beside the connection to the city water inlet. Near the top of the tank on both sides of the coach are connections where a hose can fill the tank - you just have to watch the level and turn off the water before it overfills the tank.

Sorry I could not be more help. Russ

Russ White
2016 Winnebago Vista LX 30T
#530  ( Sold )
1999 45' Double Slide - Factory upgrade 2004

i replaced my autofill solenoid valve. for sure there was a sensor at the top of the water tank that triggered it. pretty simple system. russ is white. it should just click on or off.

although simple, some of us have found it to be troublesome. occassionally sticking open and overflowing the tank. i seldom use mine.

could be on a 14 it is different, but not likely.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Kurt,

Can you attach a picture showing your setup. In the meantime, there is a port at the top of the water bay where you can put water in your tank directly without going through the "automatic" setup.

Bill

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

If it's a Red Hat valve as in our older Newells, you can take it apart (4 screws)and clean the membrane which usually takes care of it.. Mine works differently when water in is at real high pressure and will click a lot before going off when filled.

Larry, Hedy & Benny Brachfeld
2003  Coach # 646
2 Slide, DD
MINI Cooper Clubman S
MINI Clubman , John Cooper Works Rally Edition # 3 of 70
Monster 1000 Watt, Electric Skateboard
Yamaha Golf Cart painted Kawasaki Green
A Coach driveway with a shade structure and swimming pool 
A Pueblo Home on the Border

Also make sure your water pump is off when doing auto fill

Marc Newman
Formerly Newell 422, 507, 512 701