You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Cannot identify alarm inside of dash

I left Mexico this AM and after perhaps 50 miles I hit a fairly rugged  pothole.  After that a alarm started beeping somewhere within my dash.  I then found out that the steps were not retracting fully, but after lubricating, they started retracting fully. The beeping alarm has continued.  Every gauge concerning the engine and trans show a normal operation and I have driven about 300 miles with everything operating normally, except the beeping.  Any idea what this beeping is caused by?

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

Chester,

As far as the steps, I had a bad door switch which caused my steps to deploy while I was driving. Check the operation of the switch to be sure it doesn't happen while driving.

As a thought, some of the warning lights on my dash have burned out. You might turn your key off and on and see if any don't light up. That should give you a set of possibilities.

Good luck,
bill

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

Sometimes my Smart Tire or whatever the monitor system for low air beeps on the passenger side of the dash.

Steve Magown
Calhoun, LA
2001 Prevost H3 Vantare
formerly Newell #458

Radar detector?

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

Chester,
A description of the sound of the alarm would be helpful.  Does the alarm stop by shutting off the key?  

If your coach is equipped like mine, and the alarm is like a bell, it may be your tv antenna alarm.  The bumpy road may have caused your antenna gear jump a tooth which would be just enough to set off the alarm.  If it is the antenna, you probably have a burnt out warning bulb also.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

Stave, you are correct, it is the antenna alarm which I never use. As to sound, it is constant and sounds like a turn signal and it shuts off when the ignition is turned off. I raised and lowered the antenna, no change. Did it again but this time I moved it around, lowered it and the alarm went off. This is until I hit another rough road. Tomorrow I will see if I can reset the antenna lower or disconnect the alarm, once I find it. Thanks for hitting the nail on the head.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

(05-09-2015, 02:01 PM)Chester Stone Wrote:  Stave, you are correct, it is the antenna alarm which I never use.  As to sound, it is constant and sounds like a turn signal and it shuts off when the ignition is turned off.  I raised and lowered the antenna, no change.  Did it again but this time I moved it around, lowered it and the alarm went off.  This is until I hit another rough road.  Tomorrow I will see if I can reset the antenna lower or disconnect the alarm, once I find it.  Thanks for hitting the nail on the head.

If you will go on top you might check the adjustment of the switch. I thing it is just a brake light switch with lever that is activating the alarm.

1996 #422 and 2004 #689 with YELLOW Goldwing, BMW K1200S, RZR, Dodge Truck

Mine went off one day as well. I do not use that antenna now so I simply disconnected it. I can hook it up anytime in case I decide to but with.............................Direct TV and DVR........why?

Steve & Patti, Bonnie and Tucker
1982 Newell 38' Classic, DD 6V92
cocktails for as many will fit in the site, dinner for as many can sit at the pick-nick table and sleeps 2 since I fixed the couch

Same thing happened to me a few years ago.....there is a bar attached to an on/off switch.....when the bar is depressed by the antenna the switch goes to the 'off' position. I had to rivet an extension on to the arm to be sure no matter where the antenna came down it would depress the arm. Haven't had a problem since.

Clarke and Elaine Hockwald
1982 Newell Classic, 36', 6V92 TA
2001 VW Beetle Turbo
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Haibike SDURO MTB
http://whatsnewell.blogspot.com

If it's like the one on my '93 you can disconnect it at the lever/switch on the roof. There should be 1 wire that you can unplug.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337