You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Microphor air operated toilets

When Tom was at the farm one of our tasks was to adjust his toilets, so I thought I'd share the "how to" with every one. Maybe Michael Day can be more specific, but I believe these toilets have been in use since the '90s and are still used to my knowledge. My toilets are model LF-210, although I'm sure that model numbers may have changed over the years. Within the LF-210 there are two styles: a down discharge and a rear discharge. I have one of each and from an owners perspective they function identically.

How the toilets function is interesting and many times misunderstood. When you actuate the flush valve, the flapper opens and the waste flows into a holding area called a hopper as fresh water flows. Many believe it is flushed into the black tank immediately. The flapper closes and fresh water continues to flow into the bowl for use on the next flush. AFTER the flapper has closed compressed air enters the hopper, pushing the waste into the black tank.

There are two adjustments that an owner needs to be aware of. The first is the flap opening and the second is the bowl water level.

The flap opening should be between 5 to 7 seconds. This is important to ensure that enough water is let into the hopper to complete the flush cycle(signage on the bottom of my toilet tank cover indicates 4-6 seconds, but the owners' manual says 5-7). Flapper timing is adjusted by turning a hex nut located under the toilet cover. Clockwise increases the time the flap is open & ccw shortens the time the flap is open. A small adjustment makes big changes.

The water level should be adjusted so the water just covers the flap. If the water is too high you need to go to your valve in the water bay and reduce the water by partially closing the valve for the toilet until the water fills to the proper height.

One other maintenance issue of note is to lubricate the air water sequence valve. The manual suggests this is done every year for heavy use, 2-3 years for medium use and every 5 years for light use. The procedure is explained in the owner's manual.

Hope this info is helpful...........................

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

Messages In This Thread
Microphor air operated toilets - by rheavn - 07-29-2012, 08:48 AM
RE: Microphor air operated toilets - by bikestuff - 07-29-2012, 09:47 AM
RE: Microphor air operated toilets - by rheavn - 07-29-2012, 09:52 AM
RE: Microphor air operated toilets - by larryweikartsr - 07-31-2012, 11:45 AM
RE: Microphor air operated toilets - by Johnc - 10-22-2012, 03:02 PM
RE: Microphor air operated toilets - by rheavn - 10-22-2012, 03:37 PM
RE: Microphor air operated toilets - by Johnc - 10-23-2012, 03:29 PM
RE: Microphor air operated toilets - by rheavn - 10-23-2012, 04:38 PM
RE: Microphor air operated toilets - by HoosierDaddy - 02-01-2015, 10:11 AM