You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

icemaker for Amana refrigerator

Tom,
Check about 1/2 way down the page on the link. They have 2 styles of freezer door shelves. Both are in stock if these are what you want.

http://www.repairclinic.com/Amana-Refrig...port-Parts

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

here is exactly the same icemaker for 90 bucks new. have a look. plus shipping

tom

http://www.thefilterstoreonline.com/D782...maker.html

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

i took the icemaker out at lunch today. takes about 5 min.

it is identical to the ones that the parts place shows for my fridge....except the plastic piece where the water hose comes in is different. i will either have to take both units apart and change that piece or fabricate something. on mine, the icemaker is mounted to the back of the fridge, not the side. so the hose comes in from the back of the unit and not the side.

the plastic piece is made on mine so you could either break out the side or the back for the hose to go into. on the new ones, it assumes the hose comes in the side and has a hole already there.

no matter what place online i look at it comes up with the same icemaker (a few different part numbers that all cross reference each other)

russ, when you replaced the icemaker, did you run into what i am talking about with the water tubing where it enters the icemaker itself being different?

tom

i talked to russ and he confirmed what i thought. that you have to swap the small plastic piece that holds the tube for the water that fills the tray.

so i went ahead and ordered the icemaker. when i took the old one out it was clear the gray flakes were coming from the metal icecube tray that was deteriorating.

96 bucks shipped.

this icemaker is used in a ton of models, brands and for a number of years.

tom

My problem is I need everything.............................wiring harness, ice bucket, icemaker, cover, etc.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

they make an icemaker kit. have you found it listed anywhere? it has everything.

I haven't found one on any of the web sites, but I suspect some one has one. Lots of different brands use the same unit. I tried to call one company, but line continuously busy. Leaving on a quick trip, so I'll get back on it next week.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

i got my new icemaker friday. i had to take the old one apart and take the end piece off that the water tubing goes into to install on the new one (take it apart too but it is easy), and i put it in this morning. takes about 10 min tops. (note to self.....turn off the power to the fridge or it will light your eyes up when you put the connector on where there is hardly any space to get at it)

the fridge was off so i turned it on and the water pump so will see if i have ice cubes later today.

we are going to go visit chester who is visiting from mexico later this morning.

i will post pictures of what causes the metal flakes in the icemaker later

tom

here is a picture of the metal ice tray that has deteriorated such that metal flakes were coming off in the ice cubes.

the new one is shiny slippery teflon kinda coating. i just checked and she is a making clean ice like crazy now.

tom

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

What mine looked like.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Russ White
2016 Winnebago Vista LX 30T
#530  ( Sold )
1999 45' Double Slide - Factory upgrade 2004