You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Fresh water Auto Fill valve problem ?

Hello,
We having some problem with outofill valve ?
Its newell 2001 2 slides

I called Mike at Newell and he said it should be simple fix
Take the cover of the valve ( sqare plate with 4 screws) and you should be able to clean any dirt builded up in there!

When I opened the cover there was strong spring with head cup and both ware buildup with white deposit 1
There was center screw holding the valve rubber memebrane , thsi screw is hard to remove it ? I turned either way and there was some water coming from rubber memebrane sides!

My qestion is, do I need to get that screw out to get to guts of the valve or it looks like thsi valave is shot case I see water coming from the memebrane?

If so, would nayone had any sugestions where to find the new valave.

When we do outo fill of our fresh warer , it will never stop itself , there overflow hole under the coach is spilling lot of water.

I attched image of the valve location

Best,
Les Korcala
Newell 2001 2 slides

Les & Cheryl Korcala

Fulltime on the road hub base in Montana

Newell 2001 2 slide #582
security system 2 Rhodesians Ridgebacks (Basha & M'Kala)
Nissan Exterra 2007
Co-Motion "Robusta" tandem
Trek "madone" road bikes
Trek 5.8 MTb

hi les, that is NOT your autofill valve. it is the city water pressure regulator. what newell was talking about is to take the top off of the solenoid valve and clean it out i believe.

by the way, i also replaced that pressure regulator. it is quite fun to get at.

the autofill valve is an electrical solenoid controlled valve.

i have replaced mine.

the black valve with the wires on it is the autofill valve.

tom

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

by the way. it was a 3/4" normally closed 12v solenoid water valve.

you can find them on ebay for 25 to 40 bucks shipped. i paid 35 for mine.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-4-Electric-Sol...45fd313977

they are not a name brand, but the name brand ones will be way over a hundred bucks. as the valve for the autofill, there is very little actual solenoid usage. the key is to keep chunks of sediment coming from your water supply from gunking it up. you should have a whole house water filter on your incoming water from the outside.

you should just put that water regulator back together and hope it doesnt leak.

tom

You can also purchase rebuild kits versus new. Be sure to check that the bleeder hole in the membrane is not clooged before ordering a replacement. There is suppose to be a very tiny hole in the membrane, and when it clogs, the valve will not close properly. BUT, and that's a big 'butt', make sure you put the bleeder hole in the same postion as where you found it.

Great advice on the rebuild kit. Thanks john. The solenoid on mine was shot so I just replaced the whole thing. I like to rebuild when I can.

Tom

Les,

This might be dumb question but....

Do you have an autofill switch on the panel in your galley? I have a switch that controls my "autofill". I also had the problem with the tank overfilling and dumping water on the ground, and taking apart the valve solved the issue....but you did not say anything about the switch so maybe it is electrical problem. Just a thought.

Cheers,
bill

ps. I never use the autofill now. I also rarely rely on city water. I usually just fill the tank whenever I get low and then use the pump for pressure.

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

Bill, me too. I just fill the tank when needed and the benefit is that I will not over fill my sewer tank, am not concerned about city pressure, and so what if a little spills over when I forget I left the valve on.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

for the first time i tried the autofill while sitting there watching the tank. i had previously replaced the solenoid valve for the autofill and it all worked!

it shut off as advertised when it reached the shutoff sensor.

tom

Tom, I cleaned the stopped up small weep hole in the diaphram and also sat and watched to see if it worked. Both water pumps ran as well as the autofill, and when full, all three shut down. However, the autofill inlet is a few inches from the top of the tank and it seem to me that it should have shut down when that level was reached. At the time it shut down, a few gallons of water over flowed onto the ground indicating it did not shut down until the tank was filled completely. A few gallons will not hurt anything, but I wonder if something is still wrong.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

as soon as mine hit that sensor at the top it cut the fill valve off. no leaking or overfilling.

i did have both pumps turned off

tom