You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Test of time

I have used the Griot's polishes with their 6" polisher and applicators for a few years now.  There are four different polishes for addressing different levels of paint issues.  Remember polishing is NOT waxing.  Polishing is addressing the imperfections in the paint and hopefully removing them.  I have had very good results.  For waxing I use the Griot's 6" power polisher, their applicators and any good carnuba wax--not a cleaner wax.  I currently use Meguiar's "Gold Class Carnuba Plus". 

http://www.griotsgarage.com/category/car...lishing.do

http://www.amazon.com/Meguiars-G7014J-Cl...guiars+wax

If I was starting from scratch, I would wash the coach.  I would then clay bar the entire coach.  This goes fast & removes surface impurities.  I would then polish imperfections as needed.  If the paint is oxidized then polishing the entire coach would be necessary.  Once polished, then wax the coach.  Once you have your paint job in good shape it will be very easy to keep in good shape.  The shine will be amazing!

I have a dark color, medium color and white on my coach.  About 75% of my time is dealing with the dark color portion of my coach.  Imperfections show up much more in the dark colors.   So a dark colored coach will take more time & effort to keep.

As a last resort remember that most people see your coach from more than 20 feet away, so don't focus on minor imperfections(known as Steve's 5 foot rule).  This job is well worth the effort.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

Messages In This Thread
Test of time - by rheavn - 06-17-2015, 06:36 PM
RE: Test of time - by qcj - 06-18-2015, 05:06 AM
RE: Test of time - by Junior Guru - 06-18-2015, 06:34 AM
RE: Test of time - by rheavn - 06-18-2015, 06:35 AM
RE: Test of time - by folivier - 06-18-2015, 06:47 AM
RE: Test of time - by smagown - 06-18-2015, 08:36 AM
RE: Test of time - by lbrachfe - 06-18-2015, 09:07 AM