You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

2016 Newell Gurus Rally Planning

Hi all,

we had a great time in Tahoe this summer.  The group was small but the fun and fellowship was immense.  

Last year i didnt start the rally planning soon enough for a variety of personal reasons, none of which are a good excuse.  

My thoughts for 2016 is to be centrally located in the USA.  

Criteria are as follows.  

1.  An RV park capable of handling 20 or more coaches that are humongo like ours.  all with 50a full hookups

you all know what type of rv parks that you like to stay at, so use that as a guide.  

2.  a park where we can be grouped together

3.  a location with moderate weather.  i live in the desert of arizona.  and what is hot to me is not the same as what is hot to some of you.  anything under 100 is springtime here....so i assume we want a place that is in the low 80's or less and hopefully not uber rainy.  

4.  time is when it is not crowded.  i have tried to have them when those gurus with families in school can attend in the past but most gurus are empty nesters so that is not an absolute for timing.  

5.  the park needs to have a place we can all gather in for potlucks or seminars.  

the goal would be to have it decided by late fall.  

ok....the suggestion box is open

oh, and i am the final decision maker.  

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Your house

Larry, Hedy & Benny Brachfeld
2003  Coach # 646
2 Slide, DD
MINI Cooper Clubman S
MINI Clubman , John Cooper Works Rally Edition # 3 of 70
Monster 1000 Watt, Electric Skateboard
Yamaha Golf Cart painted Kawasaki Green
A Coach driveway with a shade structure and swimming pool 
A Pueblo Home on the Border

I'm gonna suggest Colorado. Especially Silverton area. Not sure about the nicer parks but it has everything you mentioned plus the idea of taking ATVs out all over is exciting. And they allow them on the streets so no need to trailer them from the campground.. And atv rentals are available for anyone else who would like to go.

Marc Newman
Formerly Newell 422, 507, 512 701

Several thoughts come to mind:
1) Along Lake Michigan on the Michigan side there are several places that would work fine.

2) West Memphis, Arkansas, Tom Sawyer park along the river, need to go in the fall when cooler. It's across the river from Memphis with all its attractions; Beale St., Graceland, etc.

3)Hocking Hills in mid-Ohio, I've not been there but friends have and loved it.

Jon Kabbe
1993 coach 337 with Civic towed

In April or in Fall, Buckhorn in Kerrville, Tx, or Bella Terra in Foley, Al.

Rudy Legett
2003 Foretravel U320 4010
ISM11 450 hp Allison 4000R
Factory Authorized Aqua Hot Repair Center
Southeast Texas Area

Buckhorn is a great park, but as Rudy said it is not for the summer.  I was there several years ago when there was about 40 Prevost's there for a rally.  Really a great place in the fall or spring.  There is a lot to do within a short distance of Kerrville.

Chappell and Mary
2004 Foretravel 36 foot

Hey what about hearth side in Michigan?

Marc Newman
Formerly Newell 422, 507, 512 701

guys....one of the reasons for centrally locating is to make it easier for everyone to get to. some of the issues people had with tahoe was distance.

michigan is 2100 miles from my house and 2300 miles from LA.

can we at least begin looking more centrally and if that doesnt work, then go where it does?

tom

Please define "Central Location". Such as all of this state, eastern part of that state, southern part of another state, etc.

Thanks.

Rudy Legett
2003 Foretravel U320 4010
ISM11 450 hp Allison 4000R
Factory Authorized Aqua Hot Repair Center
Southeast Texas Area

rudy that is a good question. it would be nice if no one had to drive over 1000 to 1500 miles. so not as exact as you are asking.

but, weather is a consideration as well. as for timing, we could do late spring to early fall.

tom