You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

anyone have a source for leveling system air solenoids

Hi,

Most of us have wanted or needed the air solenoids on the leveling system. they are a HWH RAP 1940 part number.

newell does sell them. have any of you found a source for them besides newell?

thanks

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Tom,
Like the MAC there may be another Valve that would perform as well without an option that we do not use. This is how an OEM may protect itself and stays the only supplier.

Steve & Patti, Bonnie and Tucker
1982 Newell 38' Classic, DD 6V92
cocktails for as many will fit in the site, dinner for as many can sit at the pick-nick table and sleeps 2 since I fixed the couch

steve, these are the valves that screw into the 6 pack. i found some alternatives and bought some but they are not avail anymore

those mac valves are durable, long life and cheap. i wish these were as cheap

thanks

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Tom,

I did some research into the situation a couple of years ago. There have been three suppliers of the valve to HWH. I talked to enguneers at all three manufacturers and they refused to sell to me. All said proprietary.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

How about adapter plates??? just saying...

cocktails for as many will fit in the site, dinner for as many can sit at the pick-nick table and sleeps 2 since I fixed the couch

Well, I finally bit the bullet and ordered 2 solenoids from Newell since it appears other sources are not available. What a surprise, 128.50 each plus 25.71 service and handling and 8.09 for shipping for a grand total of $290.88. I sure would like to find another source. Before Newell changed my coach to the round type, I was getting the old, square type, for around $35 each.

Anyway, here's my problem: the left rear fills to maximum height in travel mode and is 16" at the front of the wheel well. I replaced the leveling valve and nothing changed. Everything else works properly ie; all other corners in travel mode, manual lifting and raising, and automatic leveling. Tomorrow I will put a new solenoid in the left travel position. I hope that corrects the problem as we have to leave tomorrow night for Atlanta and I will have to use the manual controls to have proper height on the highway. Any ideas?

94 Newell #365, 2009 Smart, 2005 500SL, 2012 ML350, 1934 Ford Streetrod Golf Cart, 1958 Century Coronado, 1965 Cruisers Inc. Car and Boat CrazyTongue

Larry,

That is very expensive for a solenoid valve, but you don't need me to tell you that.

I have attached a schematic supplied to me from HWH for how they generally connect their system. Our tag is connected differently, but since your problem is not the tag, I thought this might help.

As you can see there are two devices involved that could be part or all of your problem. If the left travel solenoid valve did not open when commanded to, the air in the bags could not be exhausted through the height control valve. But, it I was doing a long distance guess, which I am, I would suspect the problem is with the height control valve itself. They are not easy to setup and adjust.
So sorry I cannot be more help. Good luck. Russ

Attached Files
.pdf HWH_Schematic.pdf Size: 105.81 KB  Downloads: 70

Russ White
2016 Winnebago Vista LX 30T
#530  ( Sold )
1999 45' Double Slide - Factory upgrade 2004

Thanks for the input Russ. We replaced the valve today but the left rear still pumps to full height. Tomorrow I will replace the solenoid. If that doesn't do the job I'm planning on driving with the manual controls on in order to be in Atlanta on schedule. I've had to do that before and as long as you can stand the beep, beep, beep and watch the level lights you can go anywhere. Not what I want to do but any port in a storm. Hopefully the solenoid will be the answer. (I'll also check the fuses in the control box.)

94 Newell #365, 2009 Smart, 2005 500SL, 2012 ML350, 1934 Ford Streetrod Golf Cart, 1958 Century Coronado, 1965 Cruisers Inc. Car and Boat CrazyTongue

Larry, check to be sure that the ride height valve has the linkage attached (that is what was wrong with our coach when we bought it). Make sure that you use BLOCKING before you go under the coach. I am able to use a flash light through the wheel well to get a look at this.

Thanks Steve; I had it over a pit this morning and the linkage is attached. If you detach the rod and move it to discharge air manually, it doesn't discharge any. Do you know if the travel solenoid can allow it to raise but fail to allow it to discharge?