You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Passenger Side tilt

Guru's

When I park my coach for a few days the passenger side is noticeably lower than the driver side if I don't have it plugged in and the compressor running. It seems to be on the front and rear on that side. I am camping all next week and so will have some time and access to snoop for leaks. Wondering if with this description you would have any suggestions for why and entire side would lose air like this. I am not an expert in air systems but are the front and rear systems using separate supply tanks as well as their own 6 pack of control valves?

I will snoop all of the fittings that I can access, but looking for ideas of why one side would do this that might point me to the source quicker. 

Thanks. 

Todd & Dawn Flickema
Former owners of a Classic 1984 Newell
71 Karmann Ghia
Sioux Falls, South Dakota

The side to side tilt is controlled by the solenoid, fittings, air lines and air bag on the rear suspension on the side that is drooping while in level mode. In travel mode, side to side tilt could be either front or rear air leakage but I have found it somewhat more common in the rear also.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

One my two coaches the much heavier rear tended to determine side tilt when parked. Any leakage when driving is automatically made up by the HCVs. I've used a spritz bottle of soapy water to find most leaks. Most of them have been near the solenoids and their plumbing.

Jon Kabbe
1993 coach 337 with Civic towed