You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

House Battery utilization Question

I have no idea what the drain would be on an older outside Dometic refrigerator/freezer but the newer series seems to draw about 7.5 amp at 12 volts and depending on ambient temperature can run from 25-40% of the time. Although I don't have one of the outside Dometic refrigerator/freezers, I do know that running the stand alone Dometic Ice Maker when dry camping would pull my batteries down dramatically. If the temperature in the bay is pretty warm, I would turn the the Dometic off or at least raise the temperature up to reduce the current draw.

Make sure that the engine batteries and house batteries are NOT merged and try it. You will learn how low the voltage drops on the house batteries with the Dometic running AND if they are too low to start the generator in the morning to recharge the house batteries, at least you can start the engine and let the alternator charge up the house batteries enough to start the generator very shortly.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

Messages In This Thread
House Battery utilization Question - by Flick - 07-18-2015, 03:32 PM
RE: House Battery utilization Question - by Fulltiming - 07-18-2015, 09:53 PM
RE: House Battery utilization Question - by prairieschooner - 07-23-2015, 05:37 AM
RE: House Battery utilization Question - by whatsnewell - 07-23-2015, 07:40 AM
RE: House Battery utilization Question - by prairieschooner - 07-24-2015, 09:21 AM
RE: House Battery utilization Question - by Brad Townsend - 08-02-2015, 03:12 AM
RE: House Battery utilization Question - by Rjbjfire - 08-08-2015, 02:06 PM