You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Newell Gurus 2018 Rally May 1-8 at Bella Terra in Foley, Alabama Check out Rally Thread

Tank Level Sensors
Bill - Not totally sure I understand your question. The rubber plug is an essential part of the replacement part you are making. One must seal around the screw you will be using as a tank sensor. I bought black rubber plugs , maybe rubber stopper would be a better description. It’s OD must match hole diameter. You then drill a hole in the stopper to insert the screw. When you tighten things up at the end it expands the stopper making a water tight seal. Hope this helps. If your probes are not corroded away I guess there could be other problems with the electronics. But, since mine was so bad it was leaking water I had to deal with it. Good luck
Russ White
1999 45' Double Slide - Factory upgrade 2004
Russ, Yes that is the question. I was trying to get my parts together before I started messing with the "sensors". I am not sure where to start looking for rubber stoppers and cannot measure the OD of hole until I start tearing apart. I might do what you did and go for the top one first and use it as the model.

Any metal submerged in water for 15 years is gonna start corroding. I am assuming that I will be very similar to your situation.

Thanks for the great write up!

Bill Johnson
2003 Newell #653 Quad Slide Cat C-12 engine with Motorcycle lift 
2011 Jeep Wrangler, 2018 BMW 1200GS Adventure Motorcycle
Auburn, Alabama
Not sure if these are the correct diameter, but you get the point. These are for a 3/8 hole, I think based on the comments.
Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Subaru Outback Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )
Bill - Did a little digging. Looks like I ordered from McMaster-Carr - Their P/N 9286K83 for use with a 3/8" hole. Hope this helps. Russ
Russ White
1999 45' Double Slide - Factory upgrade 2004

Forum Jump:

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)