You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Trailer shopping

Going to start shopping for a trailer to pull behind the coach. It will be hauling the Jetta and other paraphernalia (bicycles, tools, etc ). When not in 'use' it will be storage as we currently live in the coach. 

Curious what features should I look for in a trailer? Will probably go extra height and @ least 5200 lb axles. Will install a few cabinets and storage. On down the road we'll wire for electric and install A/C.

Just wondering those who do, or have pulled trailers what do you wish it would have, or did have?

Marc

marc & shari popejoy
western Oklahoma
1987 Newell #135

there are several with incredible stackers here on the forum. but the best one for a big enclosed car hauler is clarke. he has it down to an art.

clarke?

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Marc (yachts) has thought a lot about stackers as well.

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

For any "handy man" who may be interested, we have 2 Hospitality trailers for sale. They would require quite a bit of work to be able to accommodate a car, but the chassis is substantial and tows better than anything I've pulled. I have 200,000 miles of towing these behind our Newell with no problem whatsoever. The chassis is a DBX with full air ride and air brakes with large pindle hitch. There are no axles so the bottom is total storage. Duals have a load capacity of 26,000 lbs. Trailers are 26' tongue to rear, 8' 6" wide and 13' tall. Way too much to discuss here, but if anyone has an interest, pm me.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

94 Newell #365, 2009 Smart, 2005 500SL, 2012 ML350, 1934 Ford Streetrod Golf Cart, 1958 Century Coronado, 1965 Cruisers Inc. Car and Boat CrazyTongue

Larry sounds like retirement is getting closer?

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

Yep, Forest, we are down to 1 race per year where we no longer need our U.S. equipment.. The 24 hrs of LeMans at which Vanessa received a major recognition, for providing 25 continuous years of Hospitality service, with the placement of a bronze plaque next to the winning drivers handprint placed in the pavement of LeMans City Centre. It will remain there forever. I have a feeling we will be doing that race forever also.

94 Newell #365, 2009 Smart, 2005 500SL, 2012 ML350, 1934 Ford Streetrod Golf Cart, 1958 Century Coronado, 1965 Cruisers Inc. Car and Boat CrazyTongue

Larry,

Very, very nice trailers.

marc & shari popejoy
western Oklahoma
1987 Newell #135

I currently have 28 ft champion trailer. With generator , air conditioning, air ride , 4000 lbstinger lift . It is going up for sale in about 6-8 weeks when my new stacker is completed..

The new one has the tires on the four corners which eliminates the wheel wells in the middle of the trailer thus avoiding having to climb out the window or rear hatch of the car. You can simply open the door on the side of the trailer and step out. The front tires also are steerable which will allow the trailer to follow the coach in turns and not "short cut the corner".. It also is air ride but has the ability to sit flat on the ground which eliminates the needs for ramp which makes loading much easier. It also has its own hydraulic motors which allow you to "drive" the trailer to the coach for easy hooking up and maneuvering the trailer with out the coach which eliminates the hassle of backing up the trailer from a 46 ft coach.. Inside it will have as an option two lifts and bunk beds with a restroom so after arriving at a destination you have an extra room with bunks for additional guests if you want..painted to match coach of courseSmile

Marc Newman
Formerly Newell 422, 507, 512 701

I would like to see pictures of that trailer when you get it, it sounds nice. Is the Ellis trailer company building this for you?
Sounds like a very interesting project.

Peter Haggins
Courtenay BC
Canada
96 Wanderlodge 42' Mid Door

Yes it is gonna be one awesome stacker.. Can't wait to get it.. No more climbing out windows and driving back and forth trying to hitch up when I'm alome

Marc Newman
Formerly Newell 422, 507, 512 701