You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

RIP Coach 409

I saw this coach at Newell last week.  I heard that it is The Steve Miller Band's old coach and had 2 million miles on it. The rumor is that it will be totaled.  Shame to see a such a well traveled and obviously well loved coach end this way.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

i wonder how many coaches the steve miller band had? i know dean's is a former one of theirs as well. deans is an early 90's and this is a 96. maybe the one after deans?

btw, it looks like it is either coach 408 or 409, not 411. kinda hard to read the vin.

dean, how many miles does yours have on it?

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

You are right...its 409. Maybe Tom can use his special powers to change the thread title??? (Done.....Tom)

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

My 1993 Newell 316 has 126,000 miles. It was totaled because of interior vandalism...I would love to see inside pics of this one. I've been told that SMB had three built. Two were bunk coaches , one was a motorhome floorplan. I thought they were all built at the same time but I could be wrong. Michael , do you have info on other coaches with S/N's near 316? A gentleman contacted me from Alaska several years ago. He had the motorhome floorplan coach but I've lost contact with him. I never did get the vin. I'm curious as to the floorplan of 409.

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

David at Newell said he was passing a piece of farm equipment and he driver of the farm equipment pulled over into his lane causing the accident.

Chappell and Mary
2004 Foretravel 36 foot

(08-08-2015, 12:11 PM)HoosierDaddy Wrote:  My 1993 Newell 316 has 126,000 miles. It was totaled because of interior vandalism...I would love to see inside pics of this one. I've been told that SMB had three built. Two were bunk coaches , one was a motorhome floorplan. I thought they were all built at the same time but I could be wrong. Michael , do you have info on other coaches with S/N's near 316? A gentleman contacted me from Alaska several years ago. He had the motorhome floorplan coach but I've lost contact with him. I never did get the vin.  I'm curious as to the floorplan of 409.

Unfortunately Dean, I don't have information on many of the coaches near 316.  My understanding is that 317 is the ONLY Classic style coach built after 1989.  If they used the same basic paint colors like they did on 316 and 409, it wasn't 303, 305, 307, 309, 324, 325 or 326.  I don't have ownership or paint color information on others in that number range.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com