You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

2008 Salvage Title

2008 47' Quad Slide.  Burn damage and undercarriage damage. Estimated cost to repair is $483,291. Salvage Title.

http://www.copart.com/us/Lot/20153116/Ph...2137694488

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

Michael has been answering some questions for me on this coach. If anyone is in GAINESVILLE that can look it over for me please PM me

thanks
Rob

FYI Newell will not work on anything wih a salvage title

Marc Newman
Formerly Newell 422, 507, 512 701

(04-24-2016, 02:41 PM)Yachts Wrote:  FYI Newell will not work on anything wih a salvage title

Yes or even sale you parts.

I wonder what parts can only be gotten through Newell. I'm thinking maybe things like slide seals. I'm curious what else might be needed from Newell.

Jon Kabbe
1993 coach 337 with Civic towed

My experience is that Newell will sell anything to anybody, but I think they avoid working on totaled coaches to avoid the liability of unforeseen issues. A couple of years ago, a Newell was flooded and sold with a salvage title. I cannot imaging what happened to the electronics in the belly.

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

(04-26-2016, 10:42 AM)bikestuff Wrote:  My experience is that Newell will sell anything to anybody, but I think they avoid working on totaled coaches to avoid the liability of unforeseen issues.  A couple of years ago, a Newell was flooded and sold with a salvage title.  I cannot imaging what happened to the electronics in the belly.

Not so much on liability but like the auto manufacturer they just manufacture the coach so they are not set up or in the business of major repairs.