You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

478 Repair and Maintenance Records - the LIST

I had something similar on WOG that I used to keep up with most everything done to the coach during the time we owned it.  I am simply too lazy to keep up with receipts and records so this list worked well for me.  Hopefully you don't mind me keeping it here... 
Coach #478 Records:
  • Purchased 09/29/2015 (my BIRTHDAY!) from Jerry (a gentleman farmer near Kansas City, KS) 
  • Coach Insurance: Blue Sky 
  • LLC Lawyers/configuration: Bennett Law Office P.C. |  866.543.5803 | PO Box 7967 Missoula, MT    They did a good job but did not tell me that it would take up to a week to get the EIN from IRS :-( 
  • Tools needed so far: American Express 
  • Previous Owner used Cenex oil and we need to figure out how to get more from the farmers coop or change it all over to whatever Detroit/Newell suggest (I'm quite sure there are no oil threads on this site... lol) 

More to come... :-) 

Karen & Adrian Abshire 
1998 2 slide 45' Newell Coach 498 
Prior: 1985 Foretravel ORED 35, 1988 38' Foretravel U280, 2000 Foretravel 42' U320, 1990 Bluebird Wanderlodge WB40

Bank funded today just in the knick of time at 1:52pm before the 2pm deadline and we were off to Kansas to pick up our 1998 Newell!
Drove 5 hours from Joslin, IL to Leavenworth, KS to pick up our new coach (maybe I'll name her Dorothy since she is from Kansas). Signed papers and are spending our first night plugged in to 50 amp power at the owners house. We are planning to head out early in the morning and go to TCI in Kansas City to get new front tires but will see how that goes. The buyer for our Wanderlodge is showing up on Sunday afternoon to pick up Mauvelous so that makes moving out a priority. We have to sleep on the couch tonight since we did not want the round bed that came with the coach and I forgot to pull out our Sleep Number bed... Will see how the couch is to sleep on.
Item number 2 (tires are number 1) on the new list:
2) fix the noisy aqua-hot register fans! in the bathroom they sound like an airplane...

Karen & Adrian Abshire 
Prior: 1985 Foretravel ORED 35, 1988 38' Foretravel U280, 2000 Foretravel 42' U320, 1990 Bluebird Wanderlodge WB40

the aquahot fans in the bathroom are simple computer case fans. cost less than ten bucks each to change. easy to do.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

http://newellgurus.com/showthread.php?tid=579

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

We had an uneventful trip home yesterday. TPMS system worked fine and since we were running really old tires we were only driving 55mph the whole way (thank GOD for Cruise Control!), the ISRI seat was great and it all seems to work fine. A few of the guages worked sporatically and the oil pressure guage did not work.
I cannot figure out which inlet is the City Water, we did have a really good HOT shower and the pressure was wonderful... I found one labeled City Water Inlet (I think that is what it said) and it would not pressurize the system - maybe I have to keep the water pump turned on. I need to get all new filters and I thought we had a reverse osmosis water system but I think it is just a bunch of filters...
Does the City water AND the tank water both go through the filters?

Karen & Adrian Abshire 

I am not sure of your setup but mine works like this....

1. The city inlet is in the same bay with the valves and the water pumps.
2. There should be a switch right there (and another one in the galley) that selects between tank and city. Mine is labelled "Water Source"
3. An electric valve is used to switch the inputs. It has a little yellow arrow under a clear lens.
4. There are multiple filters...One sediment filter (right behind the city water input) only filters the incoming (city) water. The other filters filter the hot water dispenser, and ice maker in refrigerator.

So...if I understand the system the "tank" water is not filtered. When on city water it is filtered through the sediment filter.

About the pump and the city water....There is a thread on here that I can't find that discusses the pressure that will result from using city water AND the pump. There is a thought that the pressures will be too high if we do that. I *believe* that the consensus is to use the city water without the pump.

Hope this helps!
bill

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

Thanks Bill! I will check that out when I get home later - If all else fails I will break down and read the manuals lol...

Karen & Adrian Abshire 

Adrian,

If you can take a quick pic and post it with your question, you may get more specific answers.

In general, there will be three places that one could hook up a city water hose on our coaches. One, goes through a check valve and pressurizes the system. On that connection I have a manual quarter turn valve that will allow city water to fill the water tank. On my coach the valve is either in a position to pressurize the coach OR fill the tank. Not both.

Also at the top of the water bay on both sides of the coach, I have a connection for a hose that feeds directly into the water tank.

You will have to trace the piping and valves inside the water bay to figure yours out, since there are minor variations from coach to coach, not to mention any modifications done in the last 17 yrs.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Cannot find a toolbox that is big enough to make me happy so may end up with TWO back to back boxes so I can have enough room for my tools...

Karen & Adrian Abshire 

(10-14-2015, 05:02 PM)pairodice Wrote:  Cannot find a toolbox that is big enough to make me happy so may end up with TWO back to back boxes so I can have enough room for my tools...

A toolbox that's too big has never been made, it's like "no, that's too much bacon" has never been said.

Jon & Chris Everton
1986 40' Dog House #86
450 hp ISM 5 spd ZF Ecomat 2
2004 Range Rover L322 Toad