You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

air line goes to?
Sad 

Hi Newell Guy's

Getting ready to do some work on the rear air 6 pack.

Does anybody know where the four 1/4" air lines coming out out of the alum block go exactly? Sad

I know they go to the rear air bags...but which one goes to what air bag?

On the back side of the solenoid block there is one upper line & one lower facing the rear of the coach & the same facing the frt of the coach.

A 3/8" air line feeds a small solenoid going into the alum block.

Mark

Mark & Beverly Fincke
99 Newell Show Coach, # 527 (Heavy Metal)
Twin Slides, Rear Bath
08 Saturn Vue XR  SUV Toad

99 Escalade ESV.

Upper is left. Lower is right. The two closest to the bulkhead come FROM the ride height control valve (HCV). The two in the middle of the block feed the air tanks that in turn feed the air bags through some huge air connectors.

The two solenoids closest to the bulkhead are Travel.
The two in the middle are Down
The two furtherest away from the bulkhead are Up.

The 3/8 air line into the block is the supply air for raising the coach.

I'll do my best to explain how the six pack works. The HCV is fed from a separate air supply line. When the travel solenoids are energized(the two closest to the bulkhead) it connects the HCV to the air tanks that feed the air bags. When the coach is off ALL solenoids are deenergized and the air bags are isolated. When in Level mode, the the other four solenoids can be energized to add or subtract air from the tanks that feed the air bags.

Except in the front. The two airlines from the HCV in the front are teed together so that in Travel mode the air bags in the front are tied together pneumatically. That allows the front to float side to side and to provide three points of leveling for the chassis.

When the coach is not in Travel mode, the front air bags are individually isolated.

Clear as mud right?

All this subject to a somewhat sketchy memory chip, mine.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Richard........

thank u so very much...this will help me immensely....

Mark

Mark & Beverly Fincke
99 Newell Show Coach, # 527 (Heavy Metal)
Twin Slides, Rear Bath
08 Saturn Vue XR  SUV Toad

99 Escalade ESV.