You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Slides

Ernie,

in my install, I first had to put down 10 mm of decking so that the LVT would be flush with the existing granite. Before I put the decking down, I used a hardening leveling compound to deal with the undulations in the original deck. The undulations would not have been felt under the plush carpet Newell uses, but they would have been noticeable in a hard surface.

There are many things I would do differently, if (and when) I do the install again. I used the high zoot padding between the decking and the LVT to give me the last 1 mm of deck height I needed. That was a mistake since the padding has a wee bit of give to it. When you stand on the edges of the fixed floor and the drop down floor you can feel the edges move a little.

The second thing and this is a big watch out. I have two cornices that define the end of the couch in the slideout. These two cornices will slide over the fixed floor when the slide comes in. Underneath one of them, there is a piece of plywood support structure that intrudes into the fixed floor. When I pulled the slide in the first time, it hit the fixed floor and shifted it about an 1/8. Easy to fix by relieving the plywood, but I never thought to look under the cornice.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Messages In This Thread
Slides - by Erniee - 09-29-2015, 04:42 AM
RE: Slides - by Richard - 09-29-2015, 06:17 AM
RE: Slides - by Erniee - 09-29-2015, 05:48 PM
RE: Slides - by Richard - 09-30-2015, 06:22 AM
RE: Slides - by Erniee - 09-30-2015, 11:37 AM
RE: Slides - by Richard - 09-30-2015, 04:03 PM
RE: Slides - by Dmatz - 09-30-2015, 05:25 PM