You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Air leveling shaky

We have the HWH air leveling system and I notice that once I have the coach set, level and the ignition key is off there is a lot of 'sway' in the coach when others are walking around.  Is there a way to stiffen up the air bags or deflate them all the way so there is less sway?  I miss the hydraulic levelers on our old coach... maybe I should get a couple of jack stands... 

Karen & Adrian Abshire 
1998 2 slide 45' Newell Coach 498 
Prior: 1985 Foretravel ORED 35, 1988 38' Foretravel U280, 2000 Foretravel 42' U320, 1990 Bluebird Wanderlodge WB40

If you use the auto leveling, it should start by lowering the high side/end first. Only if that is inadequate should it start raising the low side/end. You could manually lower the coach and then re-level if it isn't keeping the coach fairly low on its own but I have found that the HWH does a pretty good job at leveling on its own.

There is more movement in the coach with air leveling than hydraulic levelers but you don't have to worry about the levelers getting stuck in hot asphalt or wet soil and not retracting or damaging the pavement.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

Personally I'm glad all I have is air leveling. Sure, there is a little movement of the coach when my wife, or I walk around, but that just reminds us that our home has wheels, and we can change our view without going through escrow. I don't want it to feel like a sticks and bricks home.....I want it to feel like what it is.....a motorized home. All that being said, Michael reiterated the other reasons why I don't want levelers......I love low tech, which is why I bought my Newell Classic....my leveling is 100% manual every time, and I can level my coach within 30 seconds after stopping for the night. "That's my 2 cents and I'm sticking to it" as Wally was want to say.

Clarke and Elaine Hockwald
1982 Newell Classic, 36', 6V92 TA
2001 VW Beetle Turbo
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Haibike SDURO MTB
http://whatsnewell.blogspot.com

I have air and hydraulic. Prefer the air- and she does move a little.

Ernie Ekberg
Bluebird Wanderlodge

Finally figured it and should have remembered from when I had my 2000 Foretravel as it was the same system - hit the AIR level button twice! Voila! Instant leveling and not much shake at all now... Only 9999 little things to figure out now...

Karen & Adrian Abshire 
1998 2 slide 45' Newell Coach 498 
Prior: 1985 Foretravel ORED 35, 1988 38' Foretravel U280, 2000 Foretravel 42' U320, 1990 Bluebird Wanderlodge WB40