You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Front ac unit

Well plans changed and instead of spending the winter in Vermont this year we decided to go back to our winter spot near Yuma az on BLM land. My front ac unit has decided to stop blowing cold air, gets down to about 70. It is around 100 outside, 90 inside.
The other ac units are blowing in the 50's. The front was working fine but on start up I was watching the amp gauge and it pegged out max then settled down this ac is also on the same leg as the back ac. I have been having problems with the blower motor and it finally went on the front unit so I pulled the mid ac blower unit and put it in the front because it seems to provide more cold air and I need the front cooler than what the mid ac can do. The Mid ac blower motor is a new replacement from newell which says they can no longer get replacements. So now not being able to get cold air from the front ac unit i moved the good blower motor back to the mid ac and between the back ac unit and the mid unit the coach is tolerable but the front is still very hot. Mind you we are off grid so we run the gene for about 5 hrs in the later part of the day/night. 
The ac units were checked out and recharged last year by Newell and the front ac unit was working very strong before it stopped producing cold air. 

Anyone know of a supplier for the blower motors?

Brad

1988 40 ft 8v92 newell
Coach name Big Blue
25 ft Haulmark car hauler with Andersen Anti sway
2012 Toyota FJ Cruiser.

I took one of my condenser fan motors to my local rebuilder. He couldn't even find bearings for it. !! I'm thinking of tearing it all out and going to a ducted mini-split unit..

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

Brad, Steve Magown did a nice replacement on his 1997 using roof airs. If a split unit doesn't work that could be an option.
In the meantime a portable air conditioner could work.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

Thanks guys for the feed back.
I found a place in Yuma , Precision electrics, that thinks they can match motors so will give them a try. I have Solar on the roof so no space for external unit. Will also try cleaning the intake in the basement.

1988 40 ft 8v92 newell
Coach name Big Blue
2012 Toyota FJ Cruiser.

Grainger for motors they had one for my unit. I called Newell they told me what motor to buy. Had to cut shaft to match old motor 

You don't happen to have a part number do you.
Atepmts with Precision electric failed.

1988 40 ft 8v92 newell
Coach name Big Blue
2012 Toyota FJ Cruiser.

Sorry no. 

Found this on Grainger but it only has 2 wires. wondering why the original has 3 wires, could it be because on the thermostat there is a fan only mode?

http://www.grainger.com/product/FASCO-1-...ConfigId=8

1988 40 ft 8v92 newell
Coach name Big Blue
2012 Toyota FJ Cruiser.

So after many phone calls and hours online with no solutions I decided to buy a similar motor same size body diameter and shaft size and take the end caps off and put them on the old motor and it worked out just fine. The problem was a worn bushing. The motor cost $54, a past replacement motor i purchased that I can no longer get cost $180.

Brad

1988 40 ft 8v92 newell
Coach name Big Blue
2012 Toyota FJ Cruiser.

Great idea , Brad. I have a condenser fan motor here in my shop that has worn bushings...I will try that....Thanks

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.