You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

City water vs. tank fill valves

Happy Birthday to Karen,

I'll try and help you with your new coach blues.  First a cold shower & now no water.

Since I don't know how your system is configured, I'll show you how mine works and hopefully it will help you.  Looking in the water compartment door toward the 110V water pump, I have four water system ball valves.  Two on the left, one in front and one on the right.  Up high on the left is a yellow handled ball valve that shuts off water to the 12V pump.  Down low on the left is a blue handled ball valve that is for draining the tank.  This handle should be up.  There is a red handled ball valve right in front of the pump that is down to allow water through that I never move.  The red handled ball valve on the right is the one I move depending on whether I want to operate off city water or the water tank.  Up to use city water & down to use tank water.  When filling the water tank have this handle down.  To avoid filling the water tank when on city water, put the red handle up.  I've attached a few pictures.

Not sure if you have the same water pump that I do, but I have never had it lose prime.  If you have the newer Mach 5 Headhunter water pump some folks have had priming issues just after filling due to the water being aerated.

Good Luck................................

PS I had to use a magnifying glass to read the small font in your post

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

Messages In This Thread
City water vs. tank fill valves - by pairodice - 10-13-2015, 09:05 AM
RE: City water vs. tank fill valves - by rheavn - 10-13-2015, 09:47 AM
RE: City water vs. tank fill valves - by ccjohnson - 10-13-2015, 11:59 AM
RE: City water vs. tank fill valves - by pairodice - 10-13-2015, 12:15 PM
RE: City water vs. tank fill valves - by rheavn - 10-13-2015, 12:45 PM
RE: City water vs. tank fill valves - by pairodice - 10-13-2015, 06:54 PM
RE: City water vs. tank fill valves - by rheavn - 10-13-2015, 08:38 PM