You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Small World

I have a few windows at the sticks and bricks where the seal failed and the window fogged. Replacing the whole window was going to be a chore since the siding would have to be removed to get the nailed in window frames out. So I looked to see if I could cut the old glass out and order new sealed panes. Voila !  And the maker of the sealed panes, Peninsula Glass in Vancouver.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Interesting....Are the windows a "name brand"?

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

No, I couldn't find a brand, model, or match for the existing windows. Plus two were single hung which precluded buying window frame glass assemblies. Peninsula will make a sealed pane to your dimensions. So I cut the old panes out and put in new panes keeping all the original frames and sashes.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

(12-16-2015, 07:07 PM)Richard Wrote:  No, I couldn't find a brand, model, or match for the existing windows. Plus two were single hung which precluded buying window frame glass assemblies. Peninsula will make a sealed pane to your dimensions. So I cut the old panes out and put in new panes keeping all the original frames and sashes.

Richard,

when we first brought our coach it had a badly fogged up window...so I ordered a replacement glass from the same co. u did. Well it got lost in shipping & they never did find it. ordered another one ......but it was going to take to long. We had a long trip planned ...so I order a 1/2" piece of tinted plexiglass from a co. in south FL.
Had it cut to size then installed it & it worked out great. (still in there). When we got back the new one was waiting. (still in the shipping container in my garage).

Mark

Mark & Beverly Fincke
99 Newell Show Coach, # 527 (Heavy Metal)
Twin Slides, Rear Bath
08 Saturn Vue XR  SUV Toad

99 Escalade ESV.