You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

where do they go?

I'm working on making an air system schematic for the air lines that connect to the 12V air pump.  There is a 1/4" air line that connects to the right side of the four way connector that is on the regulated side of the air pump.  From there the air line goes up & into a conduit with some wires that runs from the AquaHot compartment on the right side over to the water bay on the left side of the coach.  The 1/4" line comes out of the conduit and connects to a "T" just above my water pump.  Two white air lines connect to this "T".  The white lines and some wiring then go up into a hole in the floor.   They all come out behind the drawer below the refrigerator.  They then disappear up behind the refrigerator.  Maybe some one has dealt with these air lines and can answer my questions.

Where do they go?

What do they connect to?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

Pocket Door?

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

Steve, wish I had a better photo, but this is the only one I took with the frig out. Maybe the one that goes across is to the toilet?? And the other that goes on up go to the pocket door as Bill said.

Chappell and Mary
2004 Foretravel 36 foot

Does it go to the slide air bladder?

Steve Magown
Calhoun, LA
2001 Prevost H3 Vantare
formerly Newell #458

The feed lines to the pocket doors and the toilets are 1/4" BLACK air line.  These two air lines in question are 1/4" WHITE air line.  I  don't know what Newell's reason for changing the color of the line was, but I think there must be a reason.  It becomes difficult to discern the white air lines from the white romex as it gets further away.  There are a couple of closeup pictures of the two air lines as they are running horizontally on the wall behind the refrigerator.  Although the line is DOT air line, it is marked differently than the black air line.

The line going to the air bladders' regulator is 1/4" black air line and runs through the basement.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

That's a great puzzle. You may have to cap them and see what doesn't work.

I would have guessed pocket doors too. But it would have to switch back to black somewhere.

I wonder if Newell ran white tubing because it was going up the wall?

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

My toilet backs up to the wall the cross line is going. 

Chappell and Mary
2004 Foretravel 36 foot

These white air lines are on the opposite side of the coach from my toilets and the three air compressors.  I have accounted for the air source to the toilet in the 1/2 bath and it is a black air line that comes directly off the 12V air pump four way from the bottom fitting on the regulated side.  

The pocket doors are a possibility as I have not accounted for their air source yet.  But as Richard noted they would have to splice back to a black line which at this point I don't find likely.  And if they were going to the rear of the coach why would they enter the coach and loop them forward instead of backwards, which is where they would need to go to reach the 2 pocket doors?

Once I have exhausted the physical search, I think Richard's idea of disconnecting circuits one at a time to see what doesn't work is a solid approach.

I do appreciate every one's ideas!!!!!

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

For those of you that threw your hat with the "they go to the pocket door" crowd-------you were 100% right!  

What I call ventilation holes in the hallway came in very handy.  The white air lines came through the floor behind the drawer under my refrigerator and ran parallel with the floor to about the middle of the refrigerator and joined a bunch of wires.  The air lines and wiring goes straight up to a wiring chase.  The white air lines turned rearward through the wiring chase.  One of the white air lines exited the wiring chase & connected into the pocket door solenoid.  From the pocket door solenoid a 1/4" black air line exited and went to and connected to the pocket door air cylinder.

The second air line continued in the wiring chase rearward.  I'll have to find out how to access the rear pocket door solenoid.

Thanks for all the help.  Now off to schematic the slide air line & I will be complete with everything that is fed off the 12V air pump.  

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

Do you have a little closet just aft of the rear pocket door? If so, remove the roof panel in that closet and you will find the solenoids.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )