You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

What is it???

The item is in the right front basement compartment.  It is plumbed in with a 1/4" air line and the pressure switch for the 110V air compressor.  It has a slow leak coming from behind the large plastic nut.

What is it?

What is its function?

Where does the 1/4" line go?

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

Steve, It is an air pressure regulator. Possibly regulating the air that supplies the generator slide cylinder. If it is leaking continuously the diaphragm or valve may need replacing. If you can get a kit they are not hard to rebuild. Or you could source a new regulator from grainger, TSC or amazon.

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

Thanks for the reply!  

Then the air line comes over to the air valve for the genset open/close valve?  Unfortunately the air line goes behind the heat shielding so I can't just follow it.  I figured a regulator would have a gauge for adjusting pressure.  Now I'm wondering if the leak is just the regulator lowering the 110 psi pressure from shop air.

Does any one know what pressure the genset air cylinder operates on?  

Sure wish Newell provided schematics for this stuff.  It would sure save a lot of time & questions.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

My guess is that the plan was to just adjust it until you get the proper action (speed) out of the gen slide. Once set it would be OK .....no gauge needed. Once it is adjusted it should not leak continuously.

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

Steve, We have air bag mounting for our generator. The regulator & gauge are located in the generator compartment on ours. Since no 2 Newells are alike,is it possible that this is the regulator for generator air bag mount/suspension?

Steve, I have a different opinion of the function of that device .

I think if you look closely you will see it is an air regulator with the output to atmosphere .

It should be adjusted to relieve pressure above normal cut out for the engine compressor .

In this way it provides a safety release for anything that can overpressure the air system In your coach.

I have noticed that once you exceed normal air pressure and this regulator relieves, it does not want to seat well and may leak .

Russ White
2016 Winnebago Vista LX 30T
#530  ( Sold )
1999 45' Double Slide - Factory upgrade 2004

And I hjave a slightly different opinion than Russ, but close to what he said. When the HWH system is active in level mode it sends 110V to the aux compressor that OVERRIDES the well pump switch. Newell's attempt on my coach was to install such a regulator backwards to keep the compressor from overpressuring the system.As Russ stated the attempt was to install a relief valve. It doesn't work very well, in that I blew an airbag bt leaving the system in auto. The brake gauges were pegged at 150. The specs for the Thomas compressor say it will prodcuce 150 psi and I believe it.

You could also screw the knob all the way out and see what stops working...........

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Totally agree with Richard.   I just chose not to list all the reasons the system could be over pressurized.
I can add another to his list.   It protects against a shop air connection with pressures too high for the coach.

Russ

Russ White
2016 Winnebago Vista LX 30T
#530  ( Sold )
1999 45' Double Slide - Factory upgrade 2004

I totally appreciate everyone's help! You guys are the best.

The 1/4" air line off the regulator is indeed the feed line for the air open/close valve for the genset. I have eliminated the air cylinder as it held air tight overnight. I'll replace the regulator & verify with Newell what the regulator setting should be. I assume there is nothing special about this regulator. Anyone have a source?

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

$13.00 on Amazon