You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Air leak

Checked things out this am with soapy water.
Found a minut leak at bottom of dryer at bolt fixed that then went under the coach and found another leak seamingly small on a unit that has 3 large lines on it. A square block with a hole pointing to the ground about 3/4 dia. Some soapy bubles coming from that hole. Have pic and will post layer. Nothing coming from bottom of dryer. That's the best I can give ya for now.

1988 40 ft 8v92 newell
Coach name Big Blue
25 ft Haulmark car hauler with Andersen Anti sway
2012 Toyota FJ Cruiser.

Ok how do I attach a photo?

1988 40 ft 8v92 newell
Coach name Big Blue
2012 Toyota FJ Cruiser.

Upload the photo to the Photo Gallery (link at the top of the page then select Upload File at the top of the Gallery Page). Then click on File Information for the file you just uploaded and write down the photo's URL which is listed beside "Filename". Go back to this thread and click on "New Reply". Just above the box where you post your reply will be a row of icons. Close to the center of the page (right to left) you will see an icon that looks like a little painting with a + sign in the corner, that allows you to insert a photo. Click on the icon and a dropdown box will ask for the URL. Type in the URL you wrote down earlier. Then click "insert" and the photo should be inserted into the post.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

[Image: 7632.jpeg]

1988 40 ft 8v92 newell
Coach name Big Blue
2012 Toyota FJ Cruiser.

As you can see this i my first pic on this new website a bit large but here it is. (Above)
So you can see the white foam where the air is leaking. What is this unit?
The small leak around the bolt on the air dryer I fixed yesterday made a difference as I have about 10 lbs on the brake gauge this am and it would have been 0 normally. So I guess even though it seemed small it still makes a big difference.

Thanks Michael

1988 40 ft 8v92 newell
Coach name Big Blue
2012 Toyota FJ Cruiser.

I think, and think is the key word, that this is the valve that instantaneously releases pressure to the brakes when you take your foot off the pedal. Have a partner confirm by applying and releasing the brakes a few times. You should get a rush of air out of the valve if its the thing I think it is.

You might also check the brake pedal valve. If it is leaking through it's body, it could deplete all the tanks.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Where is the item in the picture? My current best guess is that it is a brake relay valve for the rear brakes; the small black tube is the signal coming from the brake pedal and the large hoses are the one incoming supply hose and two distribution hoses to the brake cans. The vent on the bottom is where air discharges when you release the brake pedal, it should not be venting air on an ongoing basis.

I could be totally wrong in what I just said but hoses that size on the two coaches I've had have always been brake hoses.

Jon Kabbe
1993 coach 337 with Civic towed

It is located between the two rear axles and the two hoses do go to the brakes.
Something else to add to the mix is, there is a sound, klunk klunk coming from the passenger side benith the toilet area but probably closer to between the rear axles but seems to be more to the passenger side. At first thought it might be water dripping into the tank from the toilet but no. Sounds like as if you were to thump on a kids toy drum.

Will do more checking today. Will do as Richard points out.

1988 40 ft 8v92 newell
Coach name Big Blue
2012 Toyota FJ Cruiser.

Brad , Re: the Klunk sound. Check your invertor/charger. Mine was making a noise like that. I had to have the "board" replaced.

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

Not even in close proximity to each other and different sound.

1988 40 ft 8v92 newell
Coach name Big Blue
2012 Toyota FJ Cruiser.