You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Air leak

Richard
I have a separate valve to separate the 12 volt supply from the 110 volt supply/main.

1988 40 ft 8v92 newell
Coach name Big Blue
25 ft Haulmark car hauler with Andersen Anti sway
2012 Toyota FJ Cruiser.

Brad: one of the big leaks I found in my 93 coach was at the solenoid valve controlling air to the cylinder that operates the slide over the stair. There was one fitting on it that refused to not leak, but I finally got it. That solenoid is on the back wall of my main storage compartment.

Jon Kabbe
1993 coach 337 with Civic towed

It is definitely worth a look. Thanks Jon.

1988 40 ft 8v92 newell
Coach name Big Blue
2012 Toyota FJ Cruiser.

Brad, thanks for the info on the manual valve.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Richard, thanks for the lead on the air water sequence valve.

1988 40 ft 8v92 newell
Coach name Big Blue
2012 Toyota FJ Cruiser.

Well time for an update.
It seems that the leak is subsiding on it's own.
Ran the engine a few days ago and the air dropped 30 lbs and stopped there, both brakes and main same pressure about 80 lbs.
Maybe a piece of debris was causing a valve to stick open.
Any way after all this I did find two very small leaks and fixed them but happy to have this where it is now.

Thanks for everyones input.

Brad

1988 40 ft 8v92 newell
Coach name Big Blue
2012 Toyota FJ Cruiser.

So, this is a question for the gurus. Some of the boys on the Wanderlodge forum are big fans are putting Marvel Mystery Oil (Castor oil) into the air system. The claim is that it lubricates all the moving parts in the air system. It kind of makes sense to me. Castor oil would be relatively inert. Before the days of dessicant cartridges, a bit of oil could come from the engine compressor. A bit of oil might provide some protection for the interior of the air tanks.

Some of them have gone as far as using an air tool oiler to inject it into the system.

Anyone heard of this?

Yeah, I know, some of you are laughing, and thinking "why don't you try it and let us know how it works out"

99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad

I don't see why it wouldn't help, just wonder what would be the best way to do so.
You have a link to that wander lodge article?

1988 40 ft 8v92 newell
Coach name Big Blue
2012 Toyota FJ Cruiser.

Here are few links.

http://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/fo...hp?t=11655

http://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/fo...hp?t=19241

http://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/fo...12744.html

99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad

So I spent some time reading much of the thread on the wanderlodge site. Many folks over there are adding oil to their air system with positive results. I am convinced it is a good thing and will be adding oil to my air system and also looking into an automatic oil dispenser.

Today I purchased some pneumatic oil made by Marvel Mystery Oil. The Pneumatic verses the regular has an additive to combat moisture so it says.

Currently after airing up my coach for a few days now I might have lost 1 lb of pressure.

I recommend Newellies  read those threads.
Thanks Richard.
Brad

1988 40 ft 8v92 newell
Coach name Big Blue
2012 Toyota FJ Cruiser.