You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Front slide seals deflate if I turn off 120V pump

"When I have the coach in storage, I shut off the 120v compressor and turn on the 12v compressor."

Chester I do the same as you.  With the 120V compressor off and the main air supply below 60 psi, my 12V gauge reads 58 psi on the high and the pump comes on at 38 psi.  You can adjust the regulator if needed.  If your main supply is above 60 psi your gauge will stay at 60 psi until the main supply drops below 60 psi.

The two systems are tied together until the main air supply drops below 60 psi and then a check valve closes and the 12V air system is maintained by the 12V air pump.  If the 120V & the 12V pump is turned on, the 12V air pump will never run because the 120V compressor will maintain the whole system with air pressure above 60 psi.

"Should that stop be reduced any?"

No.  40-60 psi is needed to flush the toilets, operate the pocket doors and keep the slide seals inflated.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

Thanks Steve, that is the info I needed. The 12v has not been pumping up to about 60 psi and at lower psi the air door does not want to operate.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

Chester is the pump cutting off before it reaches 60 psi, or does it pump endlessly?

If it's the first then adjusting the well pump switch for the 12V pump may solve the problem. If it's the second then the pump is kaput.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Richard, I plan to test it today and will post the results. I know that when the 120v compressor exceeds 60 psi, the gauge on the 12v stays at 60.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

Chester, I suspect that the gauge on your 12V is after the regulator. On my coach, I have two regulators coming off of the 12 pump. One goes to the doors, and the other to the toilet. My doors would act up if we put too much air to them so they are set to 40 and the toilet is set to 60.

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama