You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Who's Newell is this?

[Image: thumb_100_2064.jpg]
Beautiful....I love art deco!

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

there is some very interesting stainless fab work and air line work on this coach. look at the gallery pictures.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

There is some interesting stuff that an owner has added to this coach. First is a manual system for leveling. You see the valves and gauges in both the front HWH compartment and the rear engine compartment. It's not clear to me, if this supplements the six pack or replaces it.

The second is that an idler pulley and tensioning pulley has been added to the alternator and air con belt system. What's interesting is that the owner kept the v belt pulleys instead of installing serpentine belt pulleys. Theory is that V belts shouldn't be bent backwards. It would be great to hear from the owner on his experience with this setup.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Last I knew, that was Mark's (markgmc3 here) 1999 #527. I believe he told me the headlight conversion was done by Excaliber Coach in Florida using headlights from a 2013 Prevost H3. Lot's of impressive mods on the coach.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

Wow, so many cool ideas and what a beautiful coach (and garage and airplane!!!). Mark, you are my new Hero! I love all the black/gold lettered labels on everything, the flush water guage, the water hose reels, the reel for the cable TV... Did this coach ever go outside? It is spotless! Wow... And window awnings (something we have got to get soon)... Did I say I was impressed yet?

Karen & Adrian Abshire 
1998 2 slide 45' Newell Coach 498 
Prior: 1985 Foretravel ORED 35, 1988 38' Foretravel U280, 2000 Foretravel 42' U320, 1990 Bluebird Wanderlodge WB40

(02-14-2016, 03:50 PM)Richard Wrote:  There is some interesting stuff that an owner has added to this coach. First is a manual system for leveling. You see the valves and gauges in both the front HWH compartment and the rear engine compartment. It's not clear to me, if this supplements the six pack or replaces it.

The second is that an idler pulley and tensioning pulley has been added to the alternator and air con belt system. What's interesting is that the owner kept the v belt pulleys instead of installing serpentine belt pulleys. Theory is that V belts shouldn't be bent backwards. It would be great to hear from the owner on his experience with this setup.

Master,

The gauges, on/off valves and schrader valves are there to isolate the air bags and or air systems.
When I lose an airbag, solenoid or airline etc. I believe the air input and info will help me to keep going.

I added the idler and tensioning pulley because the V-belt would scream every time the Engine came off idle. Kept making it tighter and tighter ......ended up using a crow bar. The noise stopped but burned up the AC compressor and the alternator.  The new belt system has been on for about two years...no noise no problems. As I write this..... installing a small air cylinder to put 35lbs against the belt instead of the spring. Check the V-belt often and so far only one little crack. I do carry two spear belts.

Mark

Mark & Beverly Fincke
99 Newell Show Coach, # 527 (Heavy Metal)
Twin Slides, Rear Bath
08 Saturn Vue XR  SUV Toad

99 Escalade ESV.

Thanks Mark.

My first coach had the v belts and I carried lots of spares. If I put a load on the alternator it would heat the belt and loosen it. After a couple of cycles of that the belts would fail. Detroit makes a tensioner for the serpentine that is easily found on eBay. But converting the drive pulley, ac pulley, and alt pulley starts to add up in cost. The tensioner setup and longer v belts MAY be all one would need to convert based on your experience.

My current coach has the serpentine and tensioner and it has been problem free for 20k miles.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )