You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

New house battery charger?

Ive got a Magnum Energy charger / inverter. Its nice and easy to use. It seems to produce plenty of power for charging and for inverted loads. I've been running exclusively on it for about 6 months since I took the belt off my ac compressor which also disables the engine alternator…I'm using the inverter charger for everything even when running down the road (I'm obliged to run the gen this way).
With the Magnum (MagnaSine is the model I think) the batteries do not seem to consume any water which is a stark contrast to my previous coach charger that would practically boil batteries dry if left on for extended periods.
I topped up my batteries about 8-10 months ago and just checked them again last weekend. I expected a bad day and that they would be very low due to my neglect, but I was pleasantly surprised that they were all right where I left them.
I even drained them completely of power (by accident / problem) and recharged them once.
I hear it shortens their life to do that but it's just what happened.
I vote for the Magnum but I've heard good things about Outback charger/inverters.

Jonathan Shetler
1999 Newell 510
Ft Lauderdale, FL

Messages In This Thread
New house battery charger? - by Mxfarm - 02-29-2016, 08:04 PM
RE: New house battery charger? - by 77newell - 03-01-2016, 07:23 AM
RE: New house battery charger? - by DogKnots - 03-01-2016, 10:34 AM
RE: New house battery charger? - by whatsnewell - 03-01-2016, 12:06 PM
RE: New house battery charger? - by prairieschooner - 03-04-2016, 09:00 AM
RE: New house battery charger? - by Mxfarm - 03-08-2016, 09:19 PM
RE: New house battery charger? - by 77newell - 03-09-2016, 05:33 PM