You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

New house battery charger?

Just another thought...do you have an Inverter?
I am using 4 each Trojan T105 "Golf Cart" Batteries and they have typically lasted 7 years or so. We have a Heart Combi 458 Inverter/Charger. I do not leave it on in the charge position but monitor my batteries and charge as needed because we are usually where we only have 30 Amp service or Dry-Camping. On my "antique" remote panel I can choose what amperage is coming in and typically tell it that it has 5 Amps unless charging with the generator.
I agree that the Magnum and Outback are superior today because they have much better charging regulation but my Heart is still doing it's job so "if it ain't broke"
I have read good things about the Progressive Dynamics and the only complaint that I have is that the screw that make the cable connection actually makes contact with the cable itself (could possibly damage the cable when tightening). I discussed this with them a few years ago and they stated that it was "not marine grade" and gave me a part number for one that was.

Steve & Patti, Bonnie and Tucker
1982 Newell 38' Classic, DD 6V92
cocktails for as many will fit in the site, dinner for as many can sit at the pick-nick table and sleeps 2 since I fixed the couch

Messages In This Thread
New house battery charger? - by Mxfarm - 02-29-2016, 08:04 PM
RE: New house battery charger? - by 77newell - 03-01-2016, 07:23 AM
RE: New house battery charger? - by DogKnots - 03-01-2016, 10:34 AM
RE: New house battery charger? - by whatsnewell - 03-01-2016, 12:06 PM
RE: New house battery charger? - by prairieschooner - 03-04-2016, 09:00 AM
RE: New house battery charger? - by Mxfarm - 03-08-2016, 09:19 PM
RE: New house battery charger? - by 77newell - 03-09-2016, 05:33 PM