You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Lights on side of coach

On my 88 model I have a set of lights 2 on each side. They are mounted on the compartment but for the life of me I can't figure out how to turn them on I have looked all over the dash for a switch. I can't seem to find anything that will work them. Would love some help so I can quit pulling my hair out. Thanks

1988 Newell 40' 8v92

Mine is a 1992 but the switches for the side lights is on the panel by the entry door.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

Those are 'docking lights'.....there must be a switch somewhere with that label.

Clarke and Elaine Hockwald
1982 Newell Classic, 36', 6V92 TA
2001 VW Beetle Turbo
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Haibike SDURO MTB
http://whatsnewell.blogspot.com

If not by the door then look at the switches in the overhead panel in the kitchen.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

The "docking light" switch on our '92 is in the driver area on the wall just about where your left knee would hit if you hit the side with it. There are several other rocker switches in line with it.

Mine is next to my shifter....there are 8 switches there, including the Jake brake switch, horn switch, etc.

Clarke and Elaine Hockwald
1982 Newell Classic, 36', 6V92 TA
2001 VW Beetle Turbo
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Haibike SDURO MTB
http://whatsnewell.blogspot.com

The two lights on each side mounted up high are yard lights. The rotary switches for those on my 93 is just inside door to the left. One operates the light beside the door only. The other rotary switch operates the other three. The docking lights are mounted lower near the drive wheels and are operated by a rocker switch on the drivers side wall area.

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

(02-29-2016, 08:35 PM)Magness09 Wrote:  On my 88 model  I have a set of lights 2 on each side. They are mounted on the compartment but for the life of me I can't figure out how to turn them on I have looked all over the dash for a switch. I can't seem to find anything that will work them. Would love some help so I can quit pulling my hair out. Thanks

My 87 has 2 regular looking house style switches on the right as you enter the coach. They are marked "Yard Lights"
Hope this helps. Smile

Jim & Gail
1987 Newell #123
Silver 8v92/Allison 4 sp.
Toad: 2007 HHR
Life is a Highway.