You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Newell owner to be

Hello,
My wonderful wife and I are ready to get back to coach owning. We had an Alpine 38 from 200-06 but sold it to remodel our house. We were homeschooling in those days and traveled the country in summer and skiing in winters. We have pined over Newells since we saw one at a RV park in 2000 when we were taking a weekend RV driving instruction course. The one shortfall of our dear Alpine was that below 40 degrees it struggled, one memorable drive to CO in 10 degrees - not including the wind chill driving at 65+ - was tough sledding, no pun intended. It did okay after we put a space heater down below and added a oil filled radiator to supplement the forced air furnace.
Now we want a Coach for all seasons, so what else but a Newell. We intend to buy a used one  in the 2008-2010 range later this year and then do a couple of local (CA) shakedown ski trips then leave asap after Christmas for 4 months of snow chasing though the Rockies meeting and making friends along the way hopefully.
We welcome any and all advice, counsel, tips, tricks, places to stay/park that anyone would be kind enough to share, especially from fellow skiers who have already blazed the ski trail ahead of us.
To the next adventure!
Steve and Denise

Former Alpine 38 Coach Owner 2000-06
Will purchase a Newelll later this year
J80 Racing sailboat
Summer Sail, Winter Ski

Welcome Steve and Denise. Having spent over 10 years living in RV's full time, I can appreciate your desire to have a vehicle that is comfortable year round. Having spent some limited amount of time in Colorado, Utah, South Dakota and Wyoming in the winter, I know that a number of parks close down for the winter (we were the last ones out of several parks and the snow was starting to pile up) due to lack of visitors and difficulty keeping the water inside the pipes and flowing. I would imagine that some of our more adventurous members can be of more assistance.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

(03-12-2016, 07:55 PM)Fulltiming Wrote:  Welcome Steve and Denise.  Having spent over 10 years living in RV's full time, I can appreciate your desire to have a vehicle that is comfortable year round.  Having spent some limited amount of time in Colorado, Utah, South Dakota and Wyoming in the winter, I know that a number of parks close down for the winter (we were the last ones out of several parks and the snow was starting to pile up) due to lack of visitors and difficulty keeping the water inside the pipes and flowing.  I would imagine that some of our more adventurous members can be of more assistance.

Fulltiming,
Thank you for the warm welcome. We figured most parks will be closed during the winter which is why we want a coach capable of dry camping several days in a row. We figured we would have to make runs to the 'low country' to use services etc. One thing we did do when we were on the road was we joined a national gym - hot tub, steam, sauna, and long hot showers are nice to have access to once a week or so! We are looking forward to hearing from fellow skiers.
Steve and Denise

Former Alpine 38 Coach Owner 2000-06
Will purchase a Newelll later this year
J80 Racing sailboat
Summer Sail, Winter Ski