You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

hard start / fuel pump replacement

I want to follow up on this post. My good results continue with the gen starting as soon as I touch the start switch.

The reason for he follow up is to report that the new fuel pump also fixed a vexing problem that I would not have connected to the pump. From time to time the genset would smoke profusely. It didn't seem to be related to load, outside temp, or phase of the moon. I changed the filters twice. I took the injectors out and cleaned them with no change. I would load the genset up to "burn off the carbon", with no change in smoking. The smoke was black, not blue or white.

It hasn't smoked since I replaced the fuel pump. I can make up theories why low fuel pressure would result in black smoke, but it don't really know why. I'm just glad the tugboat syndrome is gone.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Messages In This Thread
hard start / fuel pump replacement - by Richard - 03-16-2016, 05:34 AM
RE: hard start / fuel pump replacement - by Erniee - 03-16-2016, 04:43 PM
RE: hard start / fuel pump replacement - by Richard - 04-01-2016, 01:22 PM
RE: hard start / fuel pump replacement - by DK on the road - 09-23-2018, 07:39 AM
RE: hard start / fuel pump replacement - by Richard - 09-23-2018, 08:16 AM
RE: hard start / fuel pump replacement - by bestgenman - 09-23-2018, 09:14 AM
RE: hard start / fuel pump replacement - by DK on the road - 09-23-2018, 09:59 AM