You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Newbie Shopping for 1st Newell

I would like to get some recommendations from knowledgeable members for available "Newell Inspectors" who would meet me with a seller and go over my prospective purchaseĀ to tell me as much as possible that I just don't know about Newell's and motor coaches in general.
Does any one provide this service? Does Newell provide that service? Sort of a Home Inspector for Newell's. It's a service worth paying well for. And I would pay well for it. Also, if any one makes a suggestion and another member has a differing opinion of that person I would appreciate that information also. My budget for a purchase is in the under one hundred thousand dollar area so making a mistake on a vintage unitĀ could be very costly for me. Thanks, Mike

There are people on this site that will volunteer to give an opinion, but that is all it is, an opinion. There is no way to get a guaranteed result. If I had a 100 grand limit, I would be looking for a coach for 75 grand and saving the rest as contingency. Checking the records kept on maintenence is a desent start. Also, I would want to assess how knowledgeable the current owner is or check with the person doing the maintenance. 75 grand will buy a nice coach, 25 grand will help you sleep.

Jon Kabbe
1993 coach 337 with Civic towed

Thanks Jon,
Excellent advice. I'll do that.

I'm still shopping and hope to be a knowledgeable Guru when I grow up. If that ever happens.
I have posted at the Coaches for Sale forum thread that I am looking for an '84 to '89 Classic Newell.
If anyone who sees this knows of one or has one that is for sale please use or pass on my contact information.
I've been looking online but links are sometimes old and never deleted once the coach is sold..
[email protected] 727-303-4838
Thank you,
Mike