You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Alaskan 1989 Newell "Classic" WB #194

I purchased my first coach a few years back, and was fortunate enough to buy a Newell! It has been an amazing experience- much of the information I gleaned prior and during ownership was from LCL but that forum seems to be, for the most part, dead. I've created a page where much of the information I have on the coach is in one spot for two reasons- I'd like to be able to give back a bit to the community, and the coach is for sale.

I followed a lot of the Alaska group rally threads- it is my understanding that very few actually made it to Alaska. As a born and raised Alaskan, I've driven the highway at least a half dozen times, so feel free to hit me up with any questions you may have. I've come to the conclusion that many caravans never happen because people let life get in the way- the "Alaska Caravan" I have seen on these pages and others is the fabled unicorn, the white whale. While people might be happy with that, it is a great trip and I am happy I did it. We budgeted $1/mile for travel expenses including food, park fees, etc.- when diesel prices were twice what they are now, and came in under budget. I'm hesitant to post my contact info here, but PM me and I will do my best to check back occasionally.

The link to Coach #194s page- www.narrowrd.info

-Micah

Nice page, beautiful coach!

1974 35' Newell Coach, Cat 1160 with Allison Auto 6 Speed... 69 Camaro 396 SS, 2010 Camaro SSRS Hennessey, 72 Buick Electra, Eastern Iowa.

Thank you, I love the classics!

Micah,
Others should look at how you are marketing your coach.  Good job!!!

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

rheavn Wrote:Micah,
Others should look at how you are marketing your coach.  Good job!!!

Thankyou! It was a solid move for the sake of self preservation- Newell owners are insatiable when it comes to information. "Uh, Micah, do you mind crawling under the bus and getting the serial numbers off the tag axle? I wouldn't normally ask, but in '88, due to a shortage at the factory, they took delivery of 8 trailing axles from McFly industries that allow for Hover-coach mode." Etc.  Dodgy

Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
You nailed it , Micah!!!!

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

Price?

Clarke and Elaine Hockwald
1982 Newell Classic, 36', 6V92 TA
2001 VW Beetle Turbo
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Haibike SDURO MTB
http://whatsnewell.blogspot.com

(06-13-2016, 05:06 PM)whatsnewell Wrote:  Price?

$65

(06-13-2016, 05:13 PM)narrowrd Wrote:  

$65

Haha....I mean how much are you asking for your coach?

Clarke and Elaine Hockwald
1982 Newell Classic, 36', 6V92 TA
2001 VW Beetle Turbo
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Haibike SDURO MTB
http://whatsnewell.blogspot.com

(06-14-2016, 05:44 AM)whatsnewell Wrote:  
(06-13-2016, 05:13 PM)narrowrd Wrote:  

$65

Haha....I mean how much are you asking for your coach?
Oops- $65k. This is based on what other Wonderlodge/Prevost/Newells of the same vintage/condition are going for in Alaska. I've seen cheaper coaches, but I've not seen nicer cheaper coaches. Is that way off? I've had a lot of interest, but every cash buyer so far is from down south, and they are hesitant to fly up here when there's not really a lot else they can reasonably fall back on. A few trade offers locally for land and such, which I am open to, if it's the right trade.