You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

6cyl, 8cyl, tag or single axle, 6 speed or 4 speed?

Thanks for the information and quelling my concerns about the transmissions.

On the engines I follow you all the way to the 6o series. I'm sure what I have been hearing is the DD 60 series but it had been referred to as 8V60. Which ever is the proper nomenclature I'm concerned if I should rather have one than the other.

I assume that the 60 series is a better/newer/more advanced and more powerful engine but should I make that an important function in my decision of one coach over the other?

I would imagine that both the 92 series and the 60 series are more than adequate for the job of moving a Newell down the road. However, the difference in 6 or 8 cylinders and 2 or 4 stroke must mean something, if nothing more than fuel consumption. How about failure, parts, cost to overhaul, noise, power, fuel consumption and many other considerations I'm not aware of?

I don't want to favor a newer and therefore more expensive coach over a perfectly adequate one that is older and has a two stroke unless there is a real reason to do so.

Thanks for your help

Mike

Messages In This Thread