You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

2000 TWO SLIDE FOR SA

I am not sure what my coach is worth.  It has 130,000 miles, runs great.  All systems work.  We just never bonded to the RV life and now looking for a new owner to my #551 Newell 45' coach.  Tires new 3 years ago, has full tank of fuel and has been housed inside while former owner and myself owned it.  I can send photos and further description to any interested parties.  Bill Larson [email protected].  Phone: 608/436-4901

"I am not sure what my coach is worth."

Bill,
Is the above statement just rhetorical or are you trying to get others' input?

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

No, I have not followed the market and want to price it at market. Any ideas?

Bill,
Two slide Newells are in high demand.  You are in a much better position to price your coach than I would be as I know almost nothing about your coach and have not seen it.  There are many on line sales sites that will give you an idea what others are asking, but don't reveal what they sell for.  Not all 2000 model Newells are worth the same.

You must know that no two Newells are alike.  Each is a custom build.  Therefore each Newell is priced by how it is configured, added features and condition and not merely by the year.  A nice 2000 may be worth more than a not so nice 2002.  The mileage is about normal for a 16 year old coach.  The fact that every thing works is a real positive if that means every thing works as designed.

Demand for bath & 1/2 floorplans is high & therefore bring more money.  Roof air coaches are in high demand and will bring more money.

Condition will dictate a lot of at what price your coach will sell for.  If you have extensive & complete maintenance records & receipts that will add value to your coach.  Has your coach had all the factory recommended preventative maintenance.  This includes the 60,000 mile valve adjustment, jake adjustment and retorque of head bolts.  Is your air system moisture free--moisture causes expensive repairs.  Does your air compressor cycle in less than 2 hrs.  If so this indicates air leaks that need to be fixed.  What is the condition of the brake system.  A 16 year old coach is due for air springs and brake chambers.  If this work has been done it will add value to your coach.  Condition of the interior is very important--especially the condition of the carpet and the countertops.  Has the a/v equipment been upgraded?  If so your coach will have added value.  A coach with all of its original documentation will add value.  Has your AquaHot & genset received factory recommended preventative maintenance and do you have documentation.  No need to answer any of my questions--these are questions you use to price your coach.

If you price your coach in accordance with its true condition you will have no problem selling it.  Good Luck................................

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

I am going to sell this bus this week.  The first $100,000 takes it.  It is a great bus, just we have other interests and are moving on.  Bill Larson 608/436-4901 email: [email protected]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)