You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Aqua-Hot Leaking From Exhaust Area
Photo 

Noticed when I got out of my car that I had a lot of water under my Aqua-Hot bay.  First thought was just needed to tighten up a connection of one of the water lines coming off the Aqua-Hot.  Nope, drip pan was dry and no water anywhere to be seen.  Looked back under the coach and noticed the water was coming from the Aqua-Hot exhaust area.  Checked to see if it was water or antifreeze and sure enough it was just water.  My coolant reservoir level was unchanged so that verified too that it was water dripping.  That part of my Aqua-Hot is all riveted shut so I am not sure where in the boiler area it is leaking from.

I am still under warranty so I want to get it fixed right.  If Rudy is on line please chime in to what may be the problem and most probable solution.

Thank you,
Oscar

[attachment=3899][attachment=3900][attachment=3901]

Oscar & Janet Valent
Full timing
2004 Foretravel U320 3820 PBBS
2007 Newell Coach #815 - Great Coach Sold
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit

Talked with Rudy and he said either I was going to need a new Aqua-Hot or the water was coming from somewhere else in the coach and exiting through the exhaust area under the Aqua-Hot.  Since the water that was dripping down was not warm I went and checked the opposite side of the coach where my fresh water area is.  No leaking pipes or fittings.  But did notice a little water under my Head Hunter pump.  Just about the time I saw the water the Head Hunter kicked in and brought my water up to pressure - bingo!  Found the leak - small crack on the water side of the Head Hunter pump.

Thank you Rudy!

[attachment=3902][attachment=3903]

Oscar & Janet Valent
Full timing

Rudy is the best!

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

You are most welcome. Always happy to assist.

Rudy Legett
2003 Foretravel U320 4010
ISM11 450 hp Allison 4000R
Factory Authorized Aqua Hot Repair Center
Southeast Texas Area

since you are under warranty, that is good stuff. however, if you were not, last i knew, headhunter would sell you a new one for half price if you owned one that was defective.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Oscar

I had a similar issue when the seal on my water pump started to fail.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

I tried to epoxy over the crack as an interim fix until I got back to Newell but I was not able to get the epoxy to hold well enough. Called Mike Ellis at Newell and he is working a fix for me before I have to leave the area this Saturday.

Oscar & Janet Valent
Full timing

Does your 2007 have an auxiliary 12 volt water pump?

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

(06-27-2016, 08:23 AM)folivier Wrote:  Does your 2007 have an auxiliary 12 volt water pump?
Yes, but it is all in series to my main headhunter pump. When I need water I do use the 12V pump for the pressure is not as high and I do not lose as much water through the cracked headhunter. I depressurize the system after mandatory water use Tongue

Oscar & Janet Valent
Full timing

Try JB Weld from both inside & outside. The plastic has to be DRY. Try the 5 min JB Weld and let it set for an hour or so. Unless you can wait 24 hrs for original JB Weld to set.