You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Can anyone tell me does there ac keep up when it's hot aim getting very disappointed with this newell

What coach number is yours

Marc Newman
Formerly Newell 422, 507, 512 701

Tell us more...vintage of coach? Number of slides? Roof air vs Basement?

My 4 slide coach would not stay cool in the front in high temps...but I did two things that really helped.

1) Get some shades for the windshield and drivers and co-pilot windows. Has had a huge impact.

2) Add a roof air. My coach would stay cool in the rear, but had trouble keeping up in the salon area. Adding a roof air fixed that problem. Not cheap, but big impact.

On early four slide coaches with basement airs, the factory had to resort to all sort of magic to try to get the cool air from the basement to the living area. If you have roof airs, I suspect that something is wrong. My one roof air made all the difference.

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

(07-22-2016, 08:30 PM)bikestuff Wrote:  Tell us more...vintage of coach?  Number of slides?  Roof air vs Basement?

My 4 slide coach would not stay cool in the front in high temps...but I did two things that really helped.

1)  Get some shades for the windshield and drivers and co-pilot windows.  Has had a huge impact.  

2)  Add a roof air.  My coach would stay cool in the rear, but had trouble keeping up in the salon area.  Adding a roof air fixed that problem.  Not cheap, but big impact.

On early four slide coaches with basement airs, the factory had to resort to all sort of magic to try to get the cool air from the basement to the living area.  If you have roof airs, I suspect that something is wrong.  My one roof air made all the difference.
I have a 45 ft no slide, with 2 front and 1 rear dometic basement ac's. It is in the mid 90's here in south texas and one fwd ac will keep the front about 80 inside, with 2, low 70's. Rear ac will keep bedroom and toilet in the 60's. My coach is almost all white and I have the awnings out. Much better than my last 40 ft coach with two roof airs, but that one was mostly a brown to black color. Color makes a big difference.

2003 foretravel designer series. previous 2000 foretravel 34 ft, isc 350, 1995 45 ft Newell coach 385, Foretravel [2], 4106, 4905, wayne bus, wanderlodge fc, gmc motorhome.
toads: 2011 honda fit sport, Yamaha Zuma 125, Suzuki tu250.
daily drivers: boxster and cayenne

Jim,
I'm curious as to where the air return, conditioned air vents, and thermostats are located for your two fwd systems. I have changed the locations of the interior walls etc. and am having trouble getting the front cool.

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

[attachment=3974 Wrote:HoosierDaddy pid='27157' dateline='1469276678']                 Jim,
I'm curious as to where the air return, conditioned air vents, and thermostats are located for your two fwd systems. I have changed the locations of the interior walls etc. and am having trouble getting the front cool.

Both units discharge into pipe that just dumps into cove light valance which justs spills over into coach. Drivers side also goes into vent that feeds holes over fridge and pantry.
I have replaced both filters on air handlers [behind louvered vent]. Each unit pulls about 11 amps when running.
If I turn off power to the inverter/charger and let batteries run fridge etc., I can run two units on 30 amps

2003 foretravel designer series. previous 2000 foretravel 34 ft, isc 350, 1995 45 ft Newell coach 385, Foretravel [2], 4106, 4905, wayne bus, wanderlodge fc, gmc motorhome.
toads: 2011 honda fit sport, Yamaha Zuma 125, Suzuki tu250.
daily drivers: boxster and cayenne

It's coach 443 and it has basement air

Earlier 1990's coaches used Dometic basement airs but #443 is a 1997 and by then Newell was using the SCS basement airs which have a completely different layout.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

Greg:
I put roof airs on my '97 #458 and enjoy the frost on the inside of my windows in the morning when I wake up.
Fat boys don't sweat!

Steve Magown
Calhoun, LA
2001 Prevost H3 Vantare
formerly Newell #458

If you are only pulling 11 amps you could add more freon. As you ad freon you can see the amp draw go up. I would take take the ac up to at least 13 amps maybe even 14 amps. That would be measured at the breaker in the house because it would also add the fan amperage for a total. Made a big difference.

Brad

1988 40 ft 8v92 newell
Coach name Big Blue
25 ft Haulmark car hauler with Andersen Anti sway
2012 Toyota FJ Cruiser.