You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Aqua hot

My Aqua hot is leaking antifreeze out by the exhaust is there a fix or do I get a new one

Greg Dollman 
Current 2000 553
Former 1997 Newell 443

It only happens when you run it on fuel

Greg Dollman 
Current 2000 553
Former 1997 Newell 443

As far as I know if you get antifreeze not clear water by the exhaust only when the diesel burner runs there are 3 scenarios.
First off the system has to be hot or pressurized to 17 PSI too identify an antifreeze leak.
1. The stir pump is leaking - I believe it is the middle one in the stack.
2. The tank inlet fitting leading from the stir pump to the antifreeze tank leaks - follow the pipe and may have to move the insulation a bit to see if it leaks there. The stir pump only works when the diesel burner fires up. Will not run on Electric element heating.
3. The combustion chamber leaks

Look at all the pipes closely and read the AHE-100 service manual. If you don't have it download it here:

http://www.aquahot.com/esource/ecom/esou...7-2011.pdf

Maybe Rudy can offer better insight.

MG

i had the same thing and it was a leaky fuel pump on the aquahot.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Mine had two leaks...One bad and one not so bad.

1. The neck of the tank where the radiator cap goes was not sealing...(apparently came from AH factory like this). Rudy has cheapish fix for this one.

2. (Much worse) The tank had a bad seam about half way down in back. This required the entire unit to be removed and the tank replaced. Newell factory can do this but $$$$$. Also Rudy can take entire unit out and send to AH for rebuild also $$$$.

Lets hope for scenario 1
bill

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

Morning Greg,

Call me 7 one 3 8 one 8 3234

Good possibility it is fixable and a new heater will not be needed.

Rudy Legett
2003 Foretravel U320 4010
ISM11 450 hp Allison 4000R
Factory Authorized Aqua Hot Repair Center
Southeast Texas Area

My Aqua hot when being brought up to temp around 230 degrees looks like there is a KISS concert going on under the bay .. there is a lot of steam coming up around the neck of the radiator cap I replaced the cap and re-secured the overflow tube but that's not it ......any thoughts

Billy & Starla Hoffman
Poteau Oklahoma
 2003 Newell #659

Billy,

Call me and we can sort it out, 7 one 3 8 one 8 3234

Rudy Legett
2003 Foretravel U320 4010
ISM11 450 hp Allison 4000R
Factory Authorized Aqua Hot Repair Center
Southeast Texas Area