You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Rear bath sunroof seal and dinette

Hello all,

With all the rain it didn't take much to observe a leak in the rear bath sunroof gasket. The seal is tired and collapsed by the sun in all these years.
Does anybody know what brand that glass square sunroof is ? Maybe where to get a replacement gasket ?
Called Newell, left messages.....too busy to call me back.....tried Chuck, Creslie, Dwight.....

Now to the dinette bench... I have the "filler" , small cushions under the bed that normally would go by the window after you pull out the main dinette cushions to extend the seat and back rest....
When they are pulled out and with the small cushions in place, the bench becomes unstable because of the overhang.
Is there a trick to stabilize the seats ? Pull the drawers open under ? Is that the intended use ?
Am I missing some kind of add on supports for when the bench is extended ?

Many thanks

MG

On mine, I remove the seats which are held in place with velcro, open the drawers to get a grip on the seat frame which slides out about 10", and then insert the small cushions.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

As Chester said the seat frame slides out. Check for velcro or a latch that might prevent is from sliding while in motion.

Also, there are two hidden cubbies that will be exposed when the seat frame is extended and the seat is removed. I use the cubbies to store our two down sleeping bags uncompressed. Yeah, I know, I need a 25 ton rig to carry a pound sleeping bag.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )