You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

First Timer

Hello, All.

I purchased the 1996 Newell Coach #416 from the second owner in the Dallas/Fort Worth area on July 5th 2016 and then drove it to the San Francisco Bay Area where my Black Labrador Retriever, Jimmy Tyson, and I live aboard full-time.  I am a first-time owner of an RV, so it is all a new experience for both of us!

As you can see, the nose cap is a newer version that incorporates the HID headlamps and LED foglights underneath it.  The picture does not show it clearly, but the signage at the top says "Private Coach" and "No One You Know".

This unit was one of two that were purpose built for the FMCA Show circuit and cost over $900,000.  People are surprised when I tell them that it is twenty years old.  It has the Dteroit Diesel 60 Series six cylinder turbocharged motor (12.7 liter, 500 hp, 1,350 lb-ft) and Allison Six-Speed World automatic transmission.

Best Regards,

Bill & Jimmy

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Best Regards,
Bill Sallai & Jimmy Tyson (Dog)
1996 Newell Coach FMCA Show #416, 45’ x 102”
DD Series 60 DDEC3
Allison HD4060 6-Speed World Transmission
Ham 2m/70cm KJ6VBQ
Horsham, PA

Welcome to the forum!

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Glad you joined us Bill. Hope you and Jimmy enjoy your coach!!

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

Welcome aboard the forum!

I too was a first time owner of an RV when I joined the forum. Expect the learning curve to be long and steep. You will learn a lot by searching and browsing the posts, but if you have a question about something....please ask. There is a wealth of experience here. (The guys here were patient with me as I figured things out).

The one piece of advice that I would have given myself....looking back over the five years I have had my coach....

Things in the coach operate a certain way for a reason. Almost always that reason is based on sound engineering and judgement. I have learned that if something is "crazy" then I probably need to do more research / learning.

Cheers,
bill

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama