You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Solenoid Valve

Has anyone rebuilt the air solenoid valve that controls the step cover. The interior seals are worn out and I cannot find any rebuild kit. It is an Ingersoll Rand A212SD OOO N. Apparently it has been leaking for some time, and drawing down my air supply. Thanks Pete

What year coach?

1987 classic #159
8V92 MUI , Allison 740

i have those same valves controlling my two dump valves, and my slide for my bay fridge.

the air ram spool that moves back and forth has a rubber seal over it that ruptures. i have replaced three of those valves. they are about a hundred bucks new, i have found them on ebay for 20 something and i know they have a rebuild kit for them as well. the rebuild kit includes a new spool and seals i believe. call ingersol rand for a part number. probably about 30 bucks i would guess.

when it leaks, air comes out of one of the exhaust ports. if that is not it, then the seal in the ram for the step slide is leaking

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

https://www.ingersollrandproducts.com/Do...pha-EN.PDF

this is the link to the parts for it

tom

A2XXSD-XXX-X part number for the spool kit and o rings is 118597-12

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ARO-118597-12-NS...1450929903 29 bucks shipped

tom

Sorry, Should have included year of manufacture. I have Coach #174, 1988 model year. Thanks Tom for the links. I am on it.

This leak put me off the road. I suspect it is taking supply air from wrong system. I lost throttle at a traffic light. Air was pouring out exhaust vent of valve. I am installing a plug into each of the exhaust ports with an 1/8 inch hole drilled. This will throttle down the step cover and prevent it from slamming, and will prevent catastrophic air loss in event of failure in the future. I May add inline shutoff also.

I am selling my 06 Bluebird, which I purchased new, and prefer my old Newell.

Pete,

Newell's standard practice on those spool valves was to install adjustable exhaust mufflers in the exhaust ports, so that adjusting the muffler allowed one to adjust the open and close behavior of the device. Newell used them for air slides, air doors, step covers, and the air operated dump valves.

You may find you have more than one in your coach. Point being to order a couple of spare spools. Some of us who have repaired them simply took the end out of the old body with circlip pliers and put a new spool in instead of replacing the entire valve body. It works like a charm.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Thanks All for the information. The exhaust air adjustment must be the red nylon screws on each end of the valve body??

I have an M&G Brake system on my 05 Jeep Liberty CRD. (Great Toad) I need to tap into the service brake air system on my 88 Newell to supply brake air to my hitch point. Does anyone know where I would best tap into the service brake loop. There is a block above drive axle with a 1/2 inch NPT plug, but I cannot get that loose. Thanks Pete

Hmmm, post of picture of the red screws. All the ones I have seen are brass.

For the M&G I tapped into one of the tag lines just where it went into the can. Separate the DOT fitting, add a DOT Tee, and you are in business. Easy access.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )