You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Upgrade Satellite receivers questions

hi bill,

about 4 years ago i put on a gen 1 RF Mogul Direct TV system (SWM). The swm systems mean you only need a single coax to the dish from the receiver and the control wires. much cleaner install.

it worked great until i went on the trip to the rally this year. then it wouldnt align. called RF mogul and they said since it a gen 1 system (their first one) and the satellite thing you are talking about, that it was not upgradable. they had used a south korean subcontractor for the control box and that contractor didnt want to do any more work for them.

so, i had to buy a complete new system which they offered for what they said was near their cost. 1200. i got it sent to steve magowns, then picked it up while i was at his house and michael day and i installed it at his house in austin. took us about 2-3 hours. it works great and now they offer a lifttime guarantee on changes for it. so i should be set. they are a great company to work with.

as for the genie. i use the same genie box i have in the house. i see no need to pay for two complete accounts. i just take the main box out of the house and put it in the coach. if i want the smaller genie clients for the tvs in the bedroom and bay i just take those to. i did buy an additional power supply for the main genie to keep in the coach. only downside to this is you lose your local stations, but i also have an over the air antenna which gets them or if the park has cable or i just stream them later.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Messages In This Thread
Upgrade Satellite receivers questions - by bikestuff - 10-06-2016, 06:01 AM
RE: Upgrade Satellite receivers questions - by Fulltiming - 10-06-2016, 07:20 AM
RE: Upgrade Satellite receivers questions - by Chester Stone - 10-06-2016, 08:41 AM
RE: Upgrade Satellite receivers questions - by encantotom - 10-06-2016, 08:54 AM
RE: Upgrade Satellite receivers questions - by Richard - 10-06-2016, 11:15 AM